Aqua Resin Substitution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themarine

Is substituting Aqua Resin for Epoxy possible? Because I already have Epoxy and I dont want to spend another $30 for a Aqua Resin starterkit

oh. then yeh, epoxy may be a cheap substitute, but cant compare in terms of strength, quality, or ease of use. just get some fiberglass resin for $11 for a decent sized can

i mean, seriously man $11 will put about 10 coats of resin on a helmet if u had to or correctly resin about 5 pieces properly

yeah bro. It will be worth it in the end and you wont be kicking yourself later. I was able to do my helmet, forearms, chest and left shoulder of my Mark VI armor with a half a gallon, you could even go as far to make multiple copies and sell them and get more materials as you go. thats what i did and i started with 4$ and a quarter tank of gas

heh yeah man sometimes you just gotta sell some stuff to get enough money to get it done. and anything thats needed to make a quality piece cost money but its well worth it in the end

believe it or not I use polyurethane resin meant for coating wood products cleanup is easy with mineral spirits and with ten to fifteen coats the stuff doesnt need any fiberglass cloth

sorry about the edit guess I should mention that where I live fiberglass resin is 60 bucks a gallon versus polyurethane at 30 bucks a gallon

I thought epoxy is stronger than fiberglass resin?

cuz the epoxy i am going to use is the same epoxy i use for building wood boats and strengthening other wood products

i mean the resin is just the first thing you put on. then you use that same resin with a huuuuge fiberglass matt ($4) and cover the inside for ultimate support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back