Ar Ammo Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Man

Jr Member
Okay after a long search i could not find this, once before when i wasnt a member I found this wip were a proud 405th member made a working ammo counter for an ar when you pull the triger ammo counter decreases when you relod the clip it refills. I am wondering if any of you have seen this or knows were it is if you could please tell me.

Please and thank you

Recon Man

Recon Man said:
Okay after a long search i could not find this, once before when i wasnt a member I found this wip were a proud 405th member made a working ammo counter for an ar when you pull the triger ammo counter decreases when you relod the clip it refills. I am wondering if any of you have seen this or knows were it is if you could please tell me.

Please and thank you

Recon Man

I've been looking myself and I've found the solution. In order to achieve the count down and then reload, it would require electronic modules that would need to be hooked up to your PC then programmed to perform that function. In my opinion, it's too complicated for my taste, so I've decided to get static like RegularGuy. I followed his schematics and I got my ammo counter to work at 60 or 32.

I would imagine like any project, extra time and effort can make a difference. If you wanna build one similar to ReplicantFX's kit or Goku's kit, start googling about count down LCD counters/timer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently trying to get one designed with the help of another member on this board. There was a company called replicantFX.com But the guy is military and is gone on mission, thus his site is down.

There is also another guy in Germany, but he doesn't have any of his equipment to make it anymore.

And then there is Ozakus (SP?) and alot of members (including myself) try to contact him to no prevail.

So just hang tight! :eek

~James

that hyperdyne kit is $150+ I am trying to get my kit around $75(or less)

Just to let you know.

~James

The kit I am trying to get together has 4 green LEDS, 1 Red that only indicates when Power is low, the counter display has the two numbers (7 Seg LEDs) and then has two blue leds (1 for compus (always on) and another for the bullet (this is only on when the ammo counter is greater than 00)

It will have 3 sounds, Empty sound (for Dry fire (00 on counter) magazine load, and 3 shot fire (I will be getting a cleaner direct rip from halo 3 here soon)

It will be available for all rifles (nothing to change the numbers in the code, but the sounds will be a little harder).

My intent is to have the kit available in two formats... solder yourself (cheaper), and soldered/tested (slightly more), but I am trying to make the entire kit as I previously stated under $75 max (thats built/tested)

Please PM with questions.

~James

I would imagine you could do this for under 20$. The best way to do it would be to calculate the resistor and capacitor values for a suitable astable circuit, then connect leg 3 of the 555 to two decade-counters (4017 I think), and work from there. I think that's right anyway.

The method I described would deplete the counter at an automatic arbitrary rate. For single fire, you'd need some sort of signal corrector, and for burst fire, perhaps a combination of a monostable (timer) and an astable (on and off), or a custom chip like Picaxe.

If you really don't want to use a microcontroller, a monostable (one shot pulse generator) circuit would do the trick for single fire. The flipflops take the place of the 555 output signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back