AR in progress, PICS! bit of an update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby SOLD

SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR NEW PICTURES!

My AR in progress, This is just a test piece to see if its possible for me to make what I want out of Syrofoam. Then if its sucessful I will make an Improved Version.

Please remeber this is a WORK IN PROGRESS,

update - I am still working on this, just had a very busy week at work.
how about you all say something enrouraging to spur me on :roll:

02082007158.jpg

02082007159.jpg

02082007160.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers guys, I'm Just in the process of doing a bit more work on it.

Hopefully in the next few hours I will update the pictures. and have the main body section done in a basic form.

EDIT

UPDATE!!!

Its Worth me Reitterating, this is a First attempt, its just a practice piece for me to learn from and try out techniques so that i can apply them better in my next attempt. not bad for a days work if you dont mind me saying :)

Just been slaving away down in the Garage, Heres some New WORK IN PROGRESS Pictures

02082007161.jpg

02082007163.jpg

That's looking really good.
I really like the whole foam approach.

But one thing sticks out for me.
It seems the space between the upper cowl and the lower grip is a bit much...
ar.jpg

I'unno. Maybe it's just me.

I completley agree, But like I said in the last post, This is just a test piece, im trying out techniques, and learning as i go along.

I havent worried to much about the dimentions and the finer points of it, I'm just trying to make something that looks like an AR, so that I can learn from my mistakes.

Still thanks very much for the comment. Serioulsy Foam FTW!

adreniline said:
Very Nice, how does everyone make such good things out of foam?

Foam, Styrofoam, Foam Board, whatever you want to call it its magnificent stuff.

Its Impressivly easy to Shape and cut, like literally you could use an average bread knife to saw through it if you wanted to.

its great to make a mold from. at least thats what i plan on doing, make a foam modle, then seal it so that it dont get eeaten by resin and fiberglass. make a split mold from it and then make the final model from that.

Thank you guys so much for all the positive comments, this is the first time I have ever tryed to do make a prop. Its really encouraging to have a few, Infinatley more talented people than me, spuring me on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back