Are We Limited To A Certain Number Of Pm's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guido666

I've tried sending PMs to several different members, and keep getting the message "The member cannot receive any new messages". Is this because of a limit, or do they just have receiving PMs turned off?

I'm just trying to avoid starting topics, or necroposting, and this isn't helping.

Usually it's a problem with the forum software, this was posted a while back in a topic in the 405th discussion section:

kensai111 said:
It's a problem with the I.P. Board forum software, it happened after the forums were upgraded to version 3 several several months ago. To my knowledge there is no fix. However, as always, we have a million other ways for you to contact people. The forums, 405th.com, @405thsource on Twitter, or in the Livestream chatroom on the front page. Let's hope 4.0 clears this problem up.

Cheers,

Kensai

So if it is because of the glitch there's not a lot that can be done it seems. The other problem is people's PM inbox might be full, not sure what the limit is for regular members but once you hit your limit you have to dump some to be able to receive more (I'm always between 95% and 97% full :eek ) The only real workaround I can think of is to drop the person a note (though that doesn't help re. necroing) or to see if they've got some other method of contact listed... like email or IM

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks. I'll try to work around it. It's kind of Catch22, because we don't want to start extra posts, and even the rules say stuff like "don't necropost, PM them instead".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back