Armor Magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keegan said:
ehh, I'd just get a Covenant weapon and clip it on your belt
or.... you could use plastic connectors...
f_diagramm_c0a8034.png

Thats an interesting idea but how much would it stick out on the surface of the armor?
can you install it deeper in the armor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really would think maybe onyl half of an inch... and yes I'm sure you could just install part of it inside, like dremel out a tiny hole and fiber it in there...

Basics- Neodymium magnets are the best, small disc shapes will probably suffice.
Around 1/8"X3/4" ones should be great for securing armor to a suit, remember, though, their power decreases exponentially with distance, so make sure the fabric between is pretty thin.

Sources- I'd try Ebay, or just google a retailer.
It's also possible to use old hard drive magnets- isn't it two per hard drive? Regardless, you have to rip the drives apart, but they are neodymium and very strong, a thick spacer might be a good idea to make the adhering force less.

Safety- the only pacemaker danger sign I've ever seen was at the NHMFL where they have 9 Tesla electromagnets with liquid nitrogen cooling and other assorted ridiculousness, there was a clearly marked radius o' death on the concrete. I don't think small magnets used to hold armor on are life-threatening, but keep any pockets away from adjacent fastener sets.

You could try using a sling instead, like the Guitar hero slings or something. It just seems alot easier, but lets say you do use magnets or velcro whats to stop some random person from stealing it while its on your back. I can see it now your walking when some random punk comes behind you and says YOINK! and runs off.

This is True..... A strap would be the more protective way to go, but really, who wants to fight some guy in MJOLNIR armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back