Armory Display Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieTrooper

Jr Member
Hello everyone,

I'm tired of having all my 'weapons' all over the ground and such so I was thinking it would be nice to create a sort of 'Armory' display cabinet to put everything up on.

At the moment I'm thinking along the lines of something that resembles a tool rack, except with a better looking cabinet - possibly with sliding mirror doors.

The only thing I found on google close to what I have in mind is this -

Armory.jpg

This looks a little oldschool, but generally how I envision it to look.

In this Armory cabinet I will be displaying various modified nerf guns, prop guns, a replica lightsaber etc.

Bounce ideas off me everyone.

The only way I can think of is to get a big sheet of Pegboard and stick in hooks or pegs where needed.

Then build a wooden case with glass doors around the Pegboard that looks like the pic above.

Hope that helps! :)

you could use pegboard or just build a frame around where you want it and put nails into the wall because there would be no backside to the case and hang your guns on the nails

Yeap good ideas,

I know how to make the build generally, I was looking for any ideas on like ...special designs, and such.

Have any of you played red steel on the wii? There's this awesome black armory that you walk into with cabinets and such.

Maybe something like that.

Does pegboard only come in green?

box o crayons said:
you could use pegboard or just build a frame around where you want it and put nails into the wall because there would be no backside to the case and hang your guns on the nails
But with Pegboard, you can change where you want to hooks to be, so of you get something new, you can rearrange everything to fit your new prop in.

To answer your Question AussieTrooper, I have seen White and Tan Pegboard, but that's it.

Maybe some spraypaint?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pegboard would probably be the easiest way to do this. You can paint it any color you like. It's easily cut to any size you may want also.

Hmm, considering I don't have any longarm firearms pegboard probably seems the most viable option for it.

I will find a way to combine the pegboard with some wood walls and a glass front.

Cheers for the input guys, I'm gonna have a knuckle down and think over some ideas.

Thanks to spartan161 for some inspirational plans.

Yeah, I don't think something like that pic would look all too bad.
Kinda makes it look professional :)
Looks like everyone here has the same general idea of how they would go about it *late*

darkesword2020 said:
Ikea Detolf Shelf

With The lightsaber hanging off the sides of it, as well as weapons.

Nice stand up display

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055

+1 on that. I know it's probably not the style you are looking for as far as displaying weapons but I have one of these and originally bought it for my motorcycle helmets. I now have most of my police memorabilia in it from recruit class and it works excellent. It would work great for someone looking to display helmets or various pieces as a whole.

AussieTrooper said:
Hmm, considering I don't have any longarm firearms pegboard probably seems the most viable option for it.

I will find a way to combine the pegboard with some wood walls and a glass front.

Cheers for the input guys, I'm gonna have a knuckle down and think over some ideas.

Thanks to spartan161 for some inspirational plans.
Glad I could help AussieTrooper. Hope to see you put up some pictures of your display case with acquirements when you have it all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back