Assault Rifle by James Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
....link set the bar quite high.

whew... the understatement of the century there. :wowie:

It's nice to see other people trying their hand at it too though. Everybody does things a little different. Variety is good. :Steve:

Last edited by a moderator:
His is very good, but not up to par with Link's level of craftsmanship. I give the man kudos for making one. Good job. ;-)
I agree w/ what Sean said. It's darn good for what it is.

link's is better because I'm getting one of his :mrgreen:

but this is still better than anything I could make, out of wood or anything else, nice job

i kinda like that opne becuase i dont really like the new ARs as much becuase they dont look as compact, the new ones look longer so you know whatever.

Id like to make one using a solid piece of styrene, and get 3 full scale views of the rifle, 2 for the left and right sides, 1 for the top, and one for the bottom.

Then carve it out, using a technique I learned as a kid for making wood carvings from photos.

The trick is getting a high enough res, and highly detail set of photos. I think pepakura'ing the rifle would be too difficult. If I was really lucky I'd nab an airsoft gun and make the rifle a functioning paint ball gun. I bet that would nab a decent price on ebay. Although not 10K LOL

silvercookie said:
its good attempt but it looks like he just carved it sanded it and painted it in like 2 hours.
You guys are looking at roughly 6 months of dedicated crafting. The pics I took are low-def and don't really render justice to the details, but that fact aside, I'm not annoyed that some people think my MA5C looks second-rate. And I know everyone's raving about link and his omnipotent rifle. I can respect that, he's done a better work than me and I admit it, but my emphasis for the people on here who want to say something nasty about my work is this - If you can't outdo it, then shut the hell up.

Ok, I'm done here. Thanks for the compliments, guys. For the record, this was more of a test-build that turned into the main concept based upon my hectic schedule cutting out time for improving my modeling techniques. I do hope to eventually go back and make a V.2 that shoots paintballs someday, but we'll see...

Thanks again for the praise. It goes appreciated.

wow falcon nice entry you made here :p .

You have made a beautifull AR (compared to mine anyways) , wonder how much it weighs as its made of wood isn't it?

now you just need to get your MJOLNIR mk V finished and post a couple of pictures here with u holding it.

James Falcon said:
You guys are looking at roughly 6 months of dedicated crafting. The pics I took are low-def and don't really render justice to the details, but that fact aside, I'm not annoyed that some people think my MA5C looks second-rate. And I know everyone's raving about link and his omnipotent rifle. I can respect that, he's done a better work than me and I admit it, but my emphasis for the people on here who want to say something nasty about my work is this - If you can't outdo it, then shut the hell up.

Ok, I'm done here. Thanks for the compliments, guys. For the record, this was more of a test-build that turned into the main concept based upon my hectic schedule cutting out time for improving my modeling techniques. I do hope to eventually go back and make a V.2 that shoots paintballs someday, but we'll see...

Thanks again for the praise. It goes appreciated.

Hey James, as a fellow artist and prop/armor maker I have to say that I like the amount of time and money/work you've put into your AR. It really is a work of art and I think you should keep at it!

Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates hard work... but I say, ignore them...and keep the good work up!

Kudos! :p

Fitz

It's a wonderful job. I really know that now that I've been working on my own.

Welcome to forums, glad to see another Texan!

I'll go shut the hell up now.:whistle:

Update! (And so soon!)

I just started giving my rifle a detailed overhaul, its got new (and hopefully less shiny) paint drying as we speak, and I'll be adding some further detail with a little sanding down and filing here and there.

Pics are on the way....DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL!

Ok guys, I got the pics of my new and improved MA5C. I not only slapped on some new paint, but I also polished a few of the minor details, such as the minute curve that runs along the underside of the rifle behind the fingerholds and a few other things.

Anyway, here's the pics -

4z3vmgy.jpg

4mkhrgg.jpg

62ohlk4.jpg

544hugk.jpg

54n8kus.jpg

54mx385.jpg

67pp021.jpg

6f90sur.jpg

4lykygz.jpg

Hopefully these aren't the last you guys'll see of my MA5C's development. It may also interest some of you to know that I've begun constructing my MJOLNIR Mark V shoulder guards and backpack, no pics yet, though.

I'll keep you guys updated.

:eek:

Wow!

That looks great falcon. I like the new look, but for me, I liked the chrome look.

Great work bro! Keep it up!

-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back