• Legendary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF$^#@&@#%^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshark

So I've always wanted to build a replica weapon and thanks to finding this amazing site I now know more or less where to start. I'm a weapons guy so I'm gonna start simple with an assault rifle. I wanna go through the whole process from pepakura through molding & casting, and then hopefully adding some cool things, like a working display and even maybe make it a working paintball gun.

I've printed out my Pepakura sheets on plain paper and will proceed to glue these pieces to cardstock sheets. This is gonna take me a while because school gets in the way quite often, but never give up right?

Any tips would be really great, I don't care about how long it takes, I have the patience as long as it looks good. I'm a huge perfectionist which is probably gonna end up burning me on my first build lol.

lol this Pepakura way of building props lokks really hard I know if it was me things would be flying all around the room like a twister hit and every curse word in the book would be used so big PROPS to you Pepakura guys!!!!

Queen said:
Why didn't you just print the Pepakura patterns onto the cardstock itself?

I have a pretty small printer and I didn't want to be glueing the cardstock together. By printing it out on printer paper I can glue it onto the cardstock even if the paper is on several pages, but the piece that goes onto the gun (cardstock) will be whole; It made sense to me.

Underdogg13 said:
Remember, post pics.

No worries, I'll get pictures I just want to wait to accumulate a bit of pics before I post them on. I doubt the picture of computer paper spread all over my floor with markings all over it is that interesting lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand how gluing paper to cardstock and then cutting that out does anything but make your life more difficult. To each his own, but I don't see the sense in it.

NAGA said:
I don't understand how gluing paper to cardstock and then cutting that out does anything but make your life more difficult. To each his own, but I don't see the sense in it.

It makes sense in the way that in some pep files, some of the pieces are bigger than the sheet of paper printers will take. By doing it this way, he ensures that any pieces that need to be joined together that are spread accross more than one sheet are one piece instead of 2, making them sturdier. Good luck with this build btw, I started an AR, but I havent got enough skill with pepping pieces yet to do closed pieces, so gave up and threw it out.

KrovikanCorvinus said:
It makes sense in the way that in some pep files, some of the pieces are bigger than the sheet of paper printers will take. By doing it this way, he ensures that any pieces that need to be joined together that are spread accross more than one sheet are one piece instead of 2, making them sturdier. Good luck with this build btw, I started an AR, but I havent got enough skill with pepping pieces yet to do closed pieces, so gave up and threw it out.

Yeah, but it's so much easier to just simply split apart the pep pieces within Pepakura so that they fit on a single sheet. The lone exception to that concept would be the supports. I think you just end up doubling your workload otherwise.

NAGA said:
Yeah, but it's so much easier to just simply split apart the pep pieces within Pepakura so that they fit on a single sheet. The lone exception to that concept would be the supports. I think you just end up doubling your workload otherwise.

I did that for quite a few pieces but some were too long to fit. If I continue with this hobby though I'm definately going to buy a bigger printer. I'm using an HP psc 1210 all-in-one and the biggest paper size I can fit is the letter margin size. You are quite right about the work load though, I've finally found the time to cut out all the pieces on the paper and I have about 1/3 of the paper glued on the postcard right now and even less actually cut out ready for assembly.

By the way for any pepakura people, what do you do with all your scrap paper? I feel bad about throwing away all these little scraps.

Add:

Here are some pictures of Progress so far; pretty boring.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back