Attachment Of Armor To Body Suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The firePhoenix

Well my fellow noobs and armor makers. I am currently working on my ODST armor and I have seen a lot of great projects, but one thing I have not seen is how people are keeping their armor on. I am creating this for an exchange of what works, and what flops, and crazy ideas and how to make it work. if you have made a suit, please post pictures on armor attachment systems to give us nooblates some direction.

what i know is that many people use velcro to attach thier armor. i have never actually gotten to that stage yet so i cant say from personal experiance. i guess that you just sow/glue the vecro to your piece and undersuit, then just go from there.

hope it helps!

well what I'm getting at is the legs, and I was wondering if someone has tried something more substantial like a magnetic system. Also where did they get their supplies.

People mostly use a sort of strapping configuration. They have something like a belt which is also used to hold the hip plates to, and then they have a strap from the top of the thigh that attaches to the belt the keep the thigh pieces up.

And as far as supplies go, people get it from a craft store. Joann fabrics is a good place to buy your fabric from if you decide to use fabric for the outside, but mostly a type of arts and craft shop is where you should be able to pick up most of your stuff. As for some of the harnesses you see some people use for the chest, people just look for them online. There are a lot of different ones to choose from.

Most people seem to use velcro, hot glue and pop rivets. You could also probably secure some pieces just using foam pads (friction adhesion).

Thanks everyone for their input. I got some ideas now. But one more question, even though its off subject. Where do I get the cool graphic that has my armor progression on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back