Australian Materials?

AceNat

Well-Known Member
Hey all,

so im just starting a mark vi project and have just finished pepping the leg, im about to start resining and fiberglassing so that i dont leave the pepped piece lying around for it to lose shape :D .

living in Western Aus there isnt much choice when it comes to materials like bondo. as the hardware stores dont really know what bondo is..

are there any people living in this area or australia in general that could help with getting good brands to use, i need some great advice from you guys!

Please help :D



Nat.
 
post some pics of your current progress so we can give you a decent advice on what to do :D as everyone says here "pics or it didn't happen."



bondo is just a brand name. its generally called automotive body filler.
 
Edit: Sorry Raziel, you're correct. Don't know how I missed that dude



First of all, welcome to the 405th fellow Perthian. Officeworks is a good place to pick up your cardstock. Supercheap Auto, Malz and other car stores are great placed to pick up the other supplies. Look for automotive body filler, I personally recommend K&H. They're a good Australian brand that have many different products, especially the resin, fibreglass and body filler needed for your project.
 
my bad, i thought she said "I had everything pepped." which i thought she has already pepped the whole suit and will start fiberglassing them... but anyways good luck on your MKVI and welcome to the 405th :D
 

AceNat

Well-Known Member
raziel1981 said:
post some pics of your current progress so we can give you a decent advice on what to do :D as everyone says here "pics or it didn't happen."



bondo is just a brand name. its generally called automotive body filler.




thanks! yeah im going to take some pics, just finishing the legs, hmm you know what i'll update my original post, havnt really worded it well :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AceNat

Well-Known Member
Tango 89er said:
Edit: Sorry Raziel, you're correct. Don't know how I missed that dude



First of all, welcome to the 405th fellow Perthian. Officeworks is a good place to pick up your cardstock. Supercheap Auto, Malz and other car stores are great placed to pick up the other supplies. Look for automotive body filler, I personally recommend K&H. They're a good Australian brand that have many different products, especially the resin, fibreglass and body filler needed for your project.




awesome, so K&H is an automotive body filler ? or a store? sorry im feeling so new to this thing and i really want to get it right :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

1ManBattalion

Active Member
I got my body filler and Fiberglass resin from here you may find it easier to do roto-casting instead of Fiberglass as it takes less time to completed in that case you can obtain casting resin here. hope this helps
 

AceNat

Well-Known Member
1ManBattalion said:
I got my body filler and Fiberglass resin from here you may find it easier to do roto-casting instead of Fiberglass as it takes less time to completed in that case you can obtain casting resin here. hope this helps




ah much thanks!! great sites :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Swift

Member
This is probably a tad late, and you're miles ahead of me, but anywayz I thought this might be helpful for others...

As I am south of the river, I got my bodyfiller at a a Repco in Canningvale and my paper from a random stationary supply store in Canningvale. I got the rest of my materials (except undersuit, straps, etc) at the Bunnings Warehouse in Cannington (I think). Except foam. We got a tonne of polystyrene foam with sextions of roof we ordered in, and I currently have that waiting in the shed for cutting and fitting.
 
Top