Avp Game

pooper

Well-Known Member
I planned on getting it tomorrow. I've always been a huge fan of the Predator, Aliens, and AVP. Played the demo... I thought it was good! :)
 

Ghost147

Well-Known Member
The first two games were absolutely incredible for there time. I've been playing AVP2 for over 6 years now! The story in this one seems sound, and the graphics are really nice. The demo, i hope, isnt an accurate depiction of the actual game because it wasnt too fantastic.



But i ordered the Hunters Edition (the top edition of the game) from the states (because canada wont be getting them). which should come within the next few days!



I will definitely be playing the game a lot. add Ghost147 to your friends list and we'll set up a match sometime!
 
im way too excited about it. i dont think its going to be a really good game, i think its going to be a really fun game (if that makes sense). the demo engine doesnt really look that much better than the late nineties version of the game on PC, but its an absolute blast to play, especially when you have friends. i was getting too in to it when i had a few marine buddies grouped around me calling out hits on their motion tracker and blasting randomly with their pulse rifles. ive played more of the demo than i have anything else these past two weeks.
 

pooper

Well-Known Member
Goosebot 5000 said:
im way too excited about it. i dont think its going to be a really good game, i think its going to be a really fun game (if that makes sense). the demo engine doesnt really look that much better than the late nineties version of the game on PC, but its an absolute blast to play, especially when you have friends. i was getting too in to it when i had a few marine buddies grouped around me calling out hits on their motion tracker and blasting randomly with their pulse rifles. ive played more of the demo than i have anything else these past two weeks.


I have to agree with ya... playing it with friends is a blast. Plus, there's going to be many other modes that you can play that's on the game (and not on the demo). Single player will be fun no doubt. I'm looking forward to infestation Survival mode, where your 4 marines (i believe it's 4) and you have to take on an endless wave of aliens. It's like the firefight mode from ODST. That, and team death match where its species vs species (humans vs predators vs aliens).



I think the game is going to be tons of fun! :) may not be the greatest game, but a fun game nonetheless.



EDIT: I meant Survival mode, not infestation (which will still be fun). :pThanks for the correction HaloFreakX.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt know about the firefight-esque mode! this obsession now rivals my iron man one. i placed my order for a pulse rifle kit last week. now im jonesing for it extra hard. ill be snagging this on 360, so anyone that wants to join up for some species hunting is welcome, just send me an invite. but let me know youre from the 405th so i wont think its spam. gamertag is "Dr Stantz".
 

Caboos318

Member
G.I. didnt give it a very good reveiw score but i'm getting it anyways :] way excited!!! I'll be there when the store opens for sure.
 

pooper

Well-Known Member
Caboos318 said:
G.I. didnt give it a very good reveiw score but i'm getting it anyways :] way excited!!! I'll be there when the store opens for sure.


Funny how you mentioned the score... I just saw this on the angry joe show's website.



Warning: angry rants and fowl language in video.



http://angryjoeshow.com/?p=6474





EDIT: Mods: if you feel that this link needs to be removed due to content (language) in the video, please do so
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nintendude

Well-Known Member
When I traveled to California a while back we stopped at the Greyhound station in Phoenix for a little while and hey had a Arcade version of the AVP game there not sure exactly what the arcade game was called as it was a while back but to my knowledge it seemed just like the game thats coming out from what I played of the demo.
 

Sigma LS

Sr Member
So is the infestation mode going to be like the one in the first AvP? You get to pick either predator or human and a multiplayer map while killing endless xenomorphs? I used to play that for hours. It was the one thing really lacking in AvP2 IMO.
 

HaloFreakX

Well-Known Member
Actually I got confused with the modes too.



Infestation is just like Infection in Halo, containing only Aliens and Marines.

Survival is the one you looking for, 4 Marines against endless aliens.



I can wait on getting this, I think Halo: Reach and Perfect Dark will work for me and I'll pick up other titles once they drop price.
 

thatdecade

Well-Known Member
I've heard good things about this game. I still play the original PC version regularly, so it will be nice to have this on xbl.
 

xalener

Well-Known Member
The console version doesn't handle too well, but the PC version is MINT.



I loved avp 2 to death and couldn't for the life of me find AVPclassic ANYWHERE. But now that it's on steam for four bucks, I may pick it up.
 
so after playing a solid chunk of this game, my original opinion hasnt changed. its a really really fun game, but its not a really really good game. the technical side of the game could use a lot of polishing. but as far as the experience itself, im LOVING it. the multiplayer modes are awesome and give me an awesome feel of being any of the races.
 

xalener

Well-Known Member
Goosebot 5000 said:
so after playing a solid chunk of this game, my original opinion hasnt changed. its a really really fun game, but its not a really really good game. the technical side of the game could use a lot of polishing. but as far as the experience itself, im LOVING it. the multiplayer modes are awesome and give me an awesome feel of being any of the races.


patches my friend.



Patches.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SHdude

New Member
I watched neigbour playing as a marine and it was so -blam!- scary! This is one game I will not be getting!
 
Top