Foam Baby's first Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a bit more progress in the last few days.
Traced, cut, built, and covered with craft foam....Biceps!

20191014_204604.jpg

20191014_204659.jpg

Still have to paint before I can glue the shoulder pieces but it's looking good

20191014_205130.jpg

20191014_205143.jpg

I also started printing boot pieces. I guess I put the "laces cover" in the wrong place. So I need to rescale that....but the toe is perfect.
Files from MoeSizzlac 's Carter build. Halo Reach - Noble 1 - Carter - A259 - Mark 5 armor set including Helmet by moesizzlac

20191014_113635.jpg

Getting there!

Oops! Forgot about the stuff I did last night!

First use of bondo with a 3D print. It's awesome...
Bondo and sand the right forearm.

20191014_204550.jpg

Then bondo on the armor ability that was printed the other day. Sanded the other shoulder piece.
First coat of paint on the forearm and the shoulder.
Plan to do yellow highlights tonight.

Netflix and Paint!
20191015_204857.jpg

I was a bit lazier last night but still got a bit done.
I taped off everything that needed to stay blue on the shoulder and the forearm.
I just reused the shapes from the first shoulder (that's why they're yellow) that way they're as similar as possible.
20191016_210431.jpg

I also did details on the upper part of the shoulder.
Here are both pieces after tape and yellow.
20191016_221328.jpg

20191016_223356.jpg

The forearm needs detailing before weathering for sure....black and steel parts that need to be painted etc.
But I got distracted with Xbox and sleep.

Side note, this is my 49th post! Someone give me an excuse to hit 50 and request Regiment membership! Haha

You dried your suit while hanging off the hatchback of your car?............:unsure::unsure::unsure: interesting choice of location........and the workshop wasn't worthy of such an honor?

Preemptive welcome to the Canadian Regiment! Have you received your Canadian Regiment Dirtdives Border Wall Crossing Kit?
Yay! Thanks!
I have not! Luckily HOD Anaheim happened before the Canada Wall went up. HAHA

You dried your suit while hanging off the hatchback of your car?............:unsure::unsure::unsure: interesting choice of location........and the workshop wasn't worthy of such an honor?

Well...it was SpartanProps car....and it's because she and a friend were cutting a ton of MDF in the shop...apparently shelves for her TV were more important than a Spartan....:confused:
I know....weird right?

50!!!!

Preemptive welcome to the Canadian Regiment! Have you received your Canadian Regiment Dirtdives Border Wall Crossing Kit?
There's a kit?.......I mean YES...... there is a kit......all proceeds go towards building the wall.........send money to Fund My 3D printer.....Ummmmm... Fund My Trumps Wall:whistle::whistle::whistle:

There's a kit?.......I mean YES...... there is a kit......all proceeds go towards building the wall.........send money to Fund My 3D printer.....Ummmmm... Fund My Trumps Wall:whistle::whistle::whistle:
So wait... you're selling kits enabling me to get around/over/under/through the wall.....in order to pay for the wall...?
Actually this fits perfectly with the logic of the rest of it....carry on.

"Like" is such a generic word......I'm actually petitioning to have "Tolerate" added to the list........"Dislike" was flat out refused. But hey, just 1320 point and you can take the lead.....I'm more impressed w/ the 10 years award. It should be more points considering the insanity.....which is probably why you lurked for so long........10 years, 54 messages......that's a long bathroom break.

Haha but actually, I joined in 2007 when I was a young idealistic kid thinking he would have time and money to do things like this.
Now I'm 30 and still don't have time or money but I'm back and trying anyway haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back