Baclava Tut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privateer

Ok guys go easy on me this is my first attempt at a video tutorial.

Total cost $5 to $10 depending on where you get your supplies I buy remnants from the fabric store so I usually get my material for little to nothing.

You will need a sewing machine and some knowledge of how to use it for this you can do it by hand but its very time consuming and tends to be a pain in the arse.

Let me know what ya think.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you! I think its better with buying one premade :p (Im not good with sewing machines, there evil......)

That video was great. Very informative.

I think another thing which may sometimes be difficult with an undersuit, or even the suit itself, is strapping. Locking everything together and possibly keeping it snug.

Macattack64 said:
That video was great. Very informative.

I think another thing which may sometimes be difficult with an undersuit, or even the suit itself, is strapping. Locking everything together and possibly keeping it snug.

The strapping issue will be covered in time as well I have been building/wearing very intricate and heavy armour for ren festivals for years I have some pretty good ideas for this.

Kazin.jpg

Kazin1.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks !! :D I would be much more pleasd with the tut if I could only spell it right Balaclava, baclava no idea spelling is not my best subject and its to late to change it now lol.

i know the video wasnt about your recon helmet but its reallly cool man! and nice video too! itt should be in the tutorials forum though, but i guess heres good too :p

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Baclava:

baklava.jpg

Balaclava:

balaclava.jpg

LOL :oops:

And I dont have a tut for the leather armor that has been a evolving project for the last 5 years at least. I will tell you that as far as actual material cost I have maybe $100 usd in it total. Everything has been hand built by me now the time cost is insane the Cuirass and legs have probally 1000 hand hammered 2 pc rivets and my ringmaille coif has over 25000 handmade steel rings and took about a month of weekends and lunch hours to make. The leather parts of the suit are made from Hobby Lobby scrap leather bags and is heavy saddle leather. All the steel parts Greaves, pauldrons, rerebrace, knee coups, and helmet top are made from Home Depot 18 guage steel.

Thanks for the compliments!
Cheers!

$100?! Thats it? Most ringmail suits are several hundred themselves... The Ren Fair here isn't that great but I have always wanted to make some cool armor like that, I may finally get started on it.

TrintLord said:
$100?! Thats it? Most ringmail suits are several hundred themselves... The Ren Fair here isn't that great but I have always wanted to make some cool armor like that, I may finally get started on it.

The ringmaille was built by me so all I had for cost other than time was a $2 roll of concrete tie wire and a 1/4" steel rod to wrap it around like a spring then cut down the center to make the rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back