Bad Luck: Rrod

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasAggie2011

well. i just had my first rrod incident happen today.

I'm playing grifball with some of my friends at their house, and one of my friends younger brothers is watching. He asks how many RROD's I've gotten (not if, how many. lol) Up until then, I've never had the experience, so I tell him 'never'.

... 7 minutes later when we were screwing around with avalanche in forge, the thing shuts down. all the controllers shut off, we all look up at the 360 on the floor and the red lights are blinking! luckily it was just an overheat from the shag carpet.

but god, we all looked cock-eyed at his guys little brother the rest of the night for jinxing us like that.

i was watching i am legend when i got my rrod. talking about akward moment when i got it. when i got it, i kicked my xbox off of its table. but now i actually fix rrod as a side job.

my and my brother were playing gta4 for a few hours then turned the system off with no problems. A few hours later two lights of the red ring! We know that it means overheating system but this thing was ice cold. We waited days and still no luck. So we sent that sucker into MS and got it back in two weeks.

its an elite and we had it for about six months prior.

One time, I got on my Xbox, and it had 3 Red Rings!

I turned it off, and then turned it back on and it didn't have Red Rings!

I turned it off later, and turrned it back on, and it had Red Rings!

*I'll snip the cycle here*

Now it always has Red Rings! It can't be fixed! Yaaaay.

jeeze imagonnagetyou, that really sucks. its weird how it cycles like that. its almost like m$ wants the systems to fail >.>

Skippster86, that has got to be the first Rrod incident ive ever herd of that happened to an Elite!

i heard from somewhere that the 360 can overheat to temperatures that unsolder componants in the system causing the rrod :lol: big mistake on Ms part... Heres an idea Ms, put bigger fans in it when someone sends it in to be worked on we all will be happy then.

Cheers,
-John-

Klowd 13 said:
Skippster86, that has got to be the first Rrod incident ive ever herd of that happened to an Elite!

i heard from somewhere that the 360 can overheat to temperatures that unsolder componants in the system causing the rrod :lol: big mistake on Ms part... Heres an idea Ms, put bigger fans in it when someone sends it in to be worked on we all will be happy then.

Cheers,
-John-

My Elite did it once. But it was because the power flickered off then on again.. I turned the 360 off, then on again, and it was gone. Hasn't happened again since. I also made a cooler for the 360 so I'm sure its protected against heat problems..

Last edited by a moderator:
my simpathys over your xbox. :(

oh and Kore, christmas day?! ouch!!!

i know this isnt RROD but has anyone heard of this problem:

i turned on my xbox, put in my 'fear and loathing' dvd and... nothing, absalotly nothing, as in my tv screen has gone blue, which is what it does when theres no input.

ive tryed putting it through both scart inputs, each of the three avi inputs and the hdtv input but nothin worked.

anyone got any tips? i tryed the xbox support page but it doesnt have anything related to it. :(

FS, is it the elite or regular 360?

if its the elite, i've heard some people having their double sided DVDs not show up for some reason, and crashing it.

Lost Odyssey killed my first Xbox Elite. I played the game for like 10 hours one day and the darn thing melted like butter in a biscuit V_V

We had to sweet talk one of the Indian M$ reps to get them to extend the warranty on my box (it was like a month past the cut off date or something). Luckily he seemed to be having a good day and said 'ah whatever' and signed off on it.

Got my new box pretty quick from them :) It's been good so far.

dang, that sucks Vex. least you got it fixed.

you reminded me of a funny thing that happened with M$ tech support too. You know how they always take a pseudonym like Bob or Mary or Jeff? Well, I got this guy (positive it was a guy), thick Calcutta accent who said his name was Latisha. Yes... Latisha.

a little bit off-topic:why does he xbox overheats so fast?at ps2's almost never and ps3's like 8-9 hrs of continous playing(u can't so much,don't u?)

well not really offtopic seeing as RROD is mainly caused by overheating.

Basic physics tells us that as a current is being pushed through a wire by a potential difference, a resistance in said wire must be over come by the potential difference. The energy lost overcoming this resistance is converted into heat. the resistance in the wire can be attributed to many things; including, ambient temperature, the length of wire electricity is flowing through, the thickness of the wire, and the material the wire is made out of.

Think of electricity as water. If you're trying to move water at a fast rate, You'll have an easier time moving it through a 5 foot diameter pipe than a half inch pipe.

So with a processor such as the one in microsoft's xbox360, there are thousands upon thousands of microscopic electrical tracks in the chip that are the same thing as wires. because the tracks are to thin, they tend to heat up more dramatically, andi n the xbox 360's case, due to the design of the early models, the temperature would get hot enough to warp pieces out of place.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
dang, that sucks Vex. least you got it fixed.

you reminded me of a funny thing that happened with M$ tech support too. You know how they always take a pseudonym like Bob or Mary or Jeff? Well, I got this guy (positive it was a guy), thick Calcutta accent who said his name was Latisha. Yes... Latisha.

Hahaha. Something got lost in translation with that one ;) I wish I got to answer the phone as a pseudonym tho...

<In the sweetest voice> "Hello this is Killface, how may I direct your call?"

At least there's a silver lining when calling in to the M$ support line :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yes. tru dat. and i would have gone with something more outlandish. american accent (possibly chicago) hey there my name is alt..altaire al shake-nish bin jabber. (very misprpounced spelling attempt <----)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back