Before I start my pep helmet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebite7

I need to know something,

I scaled it to my size, did everything from the sticky in the "Pepakura and Cardboard" part of these forums. (I believe the sticky was called "How to Make Pepakura Mjolnir Armor") Anywho, I wanted to know:

1. How I know what flap goes to what flap

2. How to distinguish between the different parts (I.E. how do I know if I'm cutting out the chin or the top of the helmet.)

3. What I should use FIRST to harden the paper. (I think you use Bondo, but I'm not sure)

4. What I do when I find the same eagle ID. (I.E. If I have Eagle ID #1 and find the other Eagle ID #1 what I should do)

5. What I need to do after I finish hardening the paper.

6. If I need a mask when using the hardening stuff. (and everything beyond that)

7. If I need a visor before I start folding and if so; where I can buy one (For cheap!).

I know these are all nub questions but I really dont want to go into this project not knowing my stuff.

Thanks Guys,
Snake

1. How I know what flap goes to what flap
You have numbers on the flap. Ex.: If you have 24, you must glue this flap with a side with the number 24.

2. How to distinguish between the different parts (I.E. how do I know if I'm cutting out the chin or the top of the helmet.)
In pepakura, hit Ctrl+K, then clic on a part. On the right, the piece will be red.

3. What I should use FIRST to harden the paper. (I think you use Bondo, but I'm not sure)
Fiberglass resin.

4. What I do when I find the same eagle ID. (I.E. If I have Eagle ID #1 and find the other Eagle ID #1 what I should do)
Glue them together. (Flap under)

5. What I need to do after I finish hardening the paper.
Sand the fiberglass, then add details.

6. If I need a mask when using the hardening stuff. (and everything beyond that)
You should. You can't make new lungs out of pepakura.

7. If I need a visor before I start folding and if so; where I can buy one (For cheap!).
eBay.

I know these are all nub questions but I really dont want to go into this project not knowing my stuff.

This topic is here for this!

Thanks man. I'll post pics in my gallery and/or in a forum. I know that must just suck to have to guide nubs in. Lol. Anywho, thanks.

EDIT: One more thing, can I use just a regular cheapy mask or a full mask with like a respirator (like what pro spray paint artists wear).

You can use one that is dust and particle mask as long as you are in a very well ventilated area! Iv been doing it in my garage with the door open 1/2 way.

As for the mask, I would just get the cartridge respirator. Saves you alot of worry down the road.
Cancer isn't something to laugh about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back