Best LARGE 3D printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chooka

Ok, so i have a friend who is looking to get some stuff printed, and my small Ender 3 printers would require the pieces to be split. He has offered to front some cash for a larger printer to limit the splits... so the question is, what (not stupid expensive [over $1500]) printer should I take a look at.

it must be able to print a helmet in one go.

Printers I have considered, but have limited info on are the Ender 5 plus and Cr-10 large model...forget the model number. Also have seen a Tronxy...but not much on it.

Ok, so i have a friend who is looking to get some stuff printed, and my small Ender 3 printers would require the pieces to be split. He has offered to front some cash for a larger printer to limit the splits... so the question is, what (not stupid expensive [over $1500]) printer should I take a look at.

it must be able to print a helmet in one go.

Printers I have considered, but have limited info on are the Ender 5 plus and Cr-10 large model...forget the model number. Also have seen a Tronxy...but not much on it.
The Ender 5 Plus is more than capable of doing helmets in one go. Would I do them all in one though? Ehn, not usually. One seam to blend instead of support material contact point jank to cleanup is usually easier and less filament used in my experience. Doing a whole back plate in one piece is nice though.
DSC00550.jpg

The Ender 5 Plus is more than capable of doing helmets in one go. Would I do them all in one though? Ehn, not usually. One seam to blend instead of support material contact point jank to cleanup is usually easier and less filament used in my experience. Doing a whole back plate in one piece is nice though.
View attachment 303380
Agreed. One whole helmet was an example. Likely split them near the visor top. But you get the idea :)
Is that backpiece on an Ender 5 plus?

Agreed. One whole helmet was an example. Likely split them near the visor top. But you get the idea :)
Is that backpiece on an Ender 5 plus?
Yep. I wanted to see how a print that was almost the full build volume would go.

I can also vouch for another Creality model, the CR10s. I got the 10s over the 10 just because it has a better power supply. It's got a massive build volume (which I'm only starting to take advantage of) and while I don't have any other printers to compare it too, it's been pretty faithful.

Now, on a similar note (no need to make new post). If the costume is to be used outside in the sun, PLA is probably not a great choice...but I hear PETG can be a paint to paint.
what suggestions do you guys have? Resin coated PLA? PETG and try and get a good paint to stick? I don’t want to foray into ABS since it’s such large prints.

Now, on a similar note (no need to make new post). If the costume is to be used outside in the sun, PLA is probably not a great choice...but I hear PETG can be a paint to paint.
what suggestions do you guys have? Resin coated PLA? PETG and try and get a good paint to stick? I don’t want to foray into ABS since it’s such large prints.
I'm a resin shell, fiberglass internal shell for PLA+ kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back