Bionicle Sword Sliced Prop [Made with AutoDesk123d]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sik1276

A while back, mkshane81 showed a pretty cool program called Autodesk123d.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36430-AutoDesk-123D

lewaswordplanningscreenshot.png

And I was intrigued, seems like an easy way for people to make their own sliced models, especially weapons. So I tried it with a Lewa Phantoka Sword modeled by my good friends from Bionicle: Next Generation. I liked that the program will create small tabs to interlock like puzzle pieces if the piece is too big and that it labels the part numbers which connects to it.

You can also change the thickness of the slice according to whatever material you are using.

However, once it create the plans it doesn't let you move pieces around like in Pepakura Designer, which was kinda a letdown as there were some pages that had a lot of spaces left or there were some really small pieces that could have been attached together.

The interactive assembly step feature is great as well. There are holes which aligns with holes in other slices that you can get it where it should be.

img_0038.jpg

All in all, it looks great. As a quick suggestion, if your model is symmetrical, cut it in half first for the program and just use the same patterns to get the other side so that you can save paper because this program is not gonna let you move pieces around....or maybe I just haven't figure how to move stuff around yet :p

This is pretty flippin awesome, I remember playing with Bionicles as a child, and I never thought I'd see one lifesize. This looks great!

oh man you should see my face. its like O.O but kind of like .....D: so kinda put the two together. Bionicle were my favorite thing ever! love this! So many memories.

If you're the more nostalgic Bionicle fan, here's a peek at another person's prop that I helped out with providing the models.
cardboard_fire_sword__v1_by_lacertusmaximus-d539jzg.jpg

If you're the more nostalgic Bionicle fan, here's a peek at another person's prop that I helped out with providing the models.

TAHU'S sword!!! (I had every bionicle from every gen up until The whole matanui story bit, except Lewa when he went all Toa Nuva)

This really brings back some memories of me building ridiculous bionicles out of every single bionicle until they changed the brand name to some stupid robot thing or whatever. I'll be watching this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back