Bioshock 2 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roadwarrior said:
It might just be me, but vlad look's somewhat like Vin Diesel.

XD I think one of my friends said that to me in school...

------------------------------------------------

Also! Massive update...

Fixing the massive forehead:

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359-1.jpg

Almost Fixed:

IMG_0349.jpg

--------------

Fixed Shoulders and Forehead:

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Me trying out my Christmas presents for the first time (I wonder how many people ask for resin, bondo, and a respirator... lol)

IMG_0374.jpg

First patch of resin:

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

NOTE: I still need to cut the front to look correct on me and glue my supports on to fit me... currently I have one coat on the head and Im going to resin the front and back as soon as I get the supports all set

Im also working on making the pendant out of wood in between the resin drying

IMG_0408.jpg

------------

Also: a sneak peak at my other project which is a backup costume for anime boston

Im making a splicer bunny mask!

making a cast of my face (note: my mouth and eyes were uncovered so I could talk and watch mythbusters so I wouldn't get antsy from boredom):

IMG_0391.jpg

finished cast after I covered the holes (I was using it as a mold):

IMG_0393.jpg

the plaster mold filled with this stuff my animation teacher had... it was called UltraCal and its almost like really fine cement... I really enjoyed working with it because it made a pretty solid and hefty positive mold... and it was really easy to work with...

IMG_0395.jpg

Soaking the plaster after the UltraCal dried in order to soften and remove the plaster strips:

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

The finished positive made from UltraCal which Im going to sculpt a splicer mask on, out of clay, and then make a mold of the sculpted mask to cast the finished mask in.

I cant remember what my teacher suggested to make the finished mask out of but Ill get back to you when I find out.

IMG_0407.jpg

and finally... my dad being intimidating with my half resined Subject Delta helmet... btw thanks to him for taking the pictures of me working on all of this stuff when my hands were full

IMG_0405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That last picture has made my week, seriously. It's like the Hulk meets Bioshock (ooh ooh ooh, new idea for a comicbook!)

When I get some free time (maybe in a week and a bit) I'll have a look at editing the helmet file, so it fits with the edits you've done to make it human-friendly.

It looks great. have you thought about how you're going to get the bronzy/coppery look?

CaptainImpactor said:
That last picture has made my week, seriously. It's like the Hulk meets Bioshock (ooh ooh ooh, new idea for a comicbook!)

When I get some free time (maybe in a week and a bit) I'll have a look at editing the helmet file, so it fits with the edits you've done to make it human-friendly.

It looks great. have you thought about how you're going to get the bronzy/coppery look?

thanks... that'll give my dad a laugh

anyways good luck trying to edit that helmet to come out like mine... if you need additional pictures just tell me what view you need and I can give you a photobucket link after I take the picture... it might even be on my photobucket account already

again, thanks... I think I might try some Rustoleum hammered bronze or something... I've used it before and I think it might work...

DylanMarx said:
Is anyone going to unfold the rest of the armor? Like the Hand, Arm pieces, and etc.

If no-one else does, then I'll have a go next week. The hand parts will be very fiddly though because they're small but also are not optimised for pep.

DylanMarx said:
Is anyone going to unfold the rest of the armor? Like the Hand, Arm pieces, and etc.

CaptainImpactor said:
If no-one else does, then I'll have a go next week. The hand parts will be very fiddly though because they're small but also are not optimised for pep.

I suggest just finding bits and pieces for the smaller things and attaching them to a suit... the only thing I can think of that might be smart to pep is the piece on the top of the hand with the delta symbol... the parts over the knuckles could be half of a PVC tube with a bolt epoxied to it... the tubes on the arm for eve could be some clear tubing which you run paint through to make it blue... etc...

I would unfold some more things if I wasn't pressed for time... maybe after Anime Boston when I don't have a deadline Ill unfold some more...

oh and I have a question, I know most people think mat is easier to work with and cloth looks better, but I was looking at roadwarrior's fallout armor and it seemed like the fiberglass mat was all frayed and sticking out, as if it would be scratchy when you wore it... would it actually stick out and scratch you? or am I just seeing things?

Just found this vid
At 3:14 you can see A really nice Big Daddy delta costume :D

Ziggy said:
Just found this vid
At 3:14 you can see A really nice Big Daddy delta costume :D

seen that before... too bad they canceled the uber edition... it would make my job so much easier...

They made some figures from BioShock 2 and I picked up Subject Delta and Big sister figures. They are quite highly detailed and Im using them for ref when Im making my suits. I will take some (10mp raw) pics after work today and post them on my Photobucket and link it if you guys need images.

hey I was wondering if someone could get me the model and texture for a spider splicer, or at the very least, the ice hooks that they use... I want to make some that arent going to totally kill someone if it bumps into them... plus I only have one ice hook at my house...

if theres a different model in bioshock 2 than bioshock 1, it would be nice to have both models...

heres an image of the hooks Im talking about:

363227-spider_super.jpg

to whoever can get the models, Thanks...

Jeddychan said:
hey I was wondering if someone could get me the model and texture for a spider splicer, or at the very least, the ice hooks that they use... I want to make some that arent going to totally kill someone if it bumps into them... plus I only have one ice hook at my house...

if theres a different model in bioshock 2 than bioshock 1, it would be nice to have both models...

heres an image of the hooks Im talking about:

363227-spider_super.jpg

to whoever can get the models, Thanks...

I'm stumped. I can't seem to find the splicer hooks anywhere in BS2, which seems a bit silly, as I'm sure I've seen them in there - although they may no longer be objects, but extensions of the splicer model, and I can't see them in BS files either. I think I'm just having a bad day - I'll try again later.

And to witchking, I'm not sure what's happened to the thread, although I can upload a raw object file, so you'd have to do a lot of work on it, and I'm sure someone has already done this, so I'll wait before uploading

CaptainImpactor said:
I'm stumped. I can't seem to find the splicer hooks anywhere in BS2, which seems a bit silly, as I'm sure I've seen them in there - although they may no longer be objects, but extensions of the splicer model, and I can't see them in BS files either. I think I'm just having a bad day - I'll try again later.

thanks for looking... I dont mind waiting a day... but not too long since theres only 8 days till anime boston...

and since theres only 8 days left Ive switched to working on a splicer costume instead and putting delta on hold completly...

on a side note... if I wanted to fill the splicer mask with fiberglassing resin and slush it around for more strength, would I be able to thin down the resin with paint thinner so I could pour it? or would that ruin the resin...?

Jeddychan said:
thanks for looking... I dont mind waiting a day... but not too long since theres only 8 days till anime boston...

and since theres only 8 days left Ive switched to working on a splicer costume instead and putting delta on hold completly...

on a side note... if I wanted to fill the splicer mask with fiberglassing resin and slush it around for more strength, would I be able to thin down the resin with paint thinner so I could pour it? or would that ruin the resin...?

The resin and fiberglass works partly by means of an exothermic reaction between the two parts of the resin, causing the glass fibre (which has a high surface area) to melt slightly and solidify into the shape you want. If you dilute down this resin reaction mixture, you will decrease the amount of energy released for each unit of mass of fibreglass, meaning that it may not set strongly, well, or maybe not at all (or on the the other hand, it may be fine). I'd give it a test run first.

Still confused about those splicer hooks...

EDIT: Gotcha!

Spider Splicer Hook

CaptainImpactor said:
The resin and fiberglass works partly by means of an exothermic reaction between the two parts of the resin, causing the glass fibre (which has a high surface area) to melt slightly and solidify into the shape you want. If you dilute down this resin reaction mixture, you will decrease the amount of energy released for each unit of mass of fibreglass, meaning that it may not set strongly, well, or maybe not at all (or on the the other hand, it may be fine). I'd give it a test run first.

I was looking up some things and came across a forum about cars discussing thinning resin to spray in a spray gun. They suggested using acetone (nail-polish remover) to thin it, BUT you cant paint it. Now if you're slush-casting something this isn't a problem since you probably wont be painting the inside of whatever you're slush-casting.

EDIT: I also found something on the 405th about it... of course the only time I dont use the search, theres actually something on it...

Privateer said:
I use acetone in my resin mix to extend the working time and thin it out a bit. Just make shure you mix it well and the warmer the area you let it cure in the faster the resin will set. I noticed no strength issues mixing it with the resin the acetone evaporates fairly fast so the cure time isnt much longer.

Cheers!

Jeddychan said:
!!UPDATE!!

Okay as you know, I put delta on hold and Im working on my splicer costume since anime boston is this friday... so I have like 4 days to finish.

tomorrow I hope to make a negative mold of what I sculpted, and possibly cast a mask using the negative... if I cant make a mask tomorrow I might do it tuesday...

and for that one fan going "hey but the mask isnt the only part of a splicer", well, Ive already found a good shirt and vest to use and I can use a pair of my cargo pants... all Ive got to do is add some tears and blood... and find myself some cufflinks... and that takes care of the clothes portion...

Ill probbably upload some more pictures as I progress further...

*commence pictures now*

this is what I started with:

IMG_0407.jpg

the cast of my face, covered in an even layer of clay:

IMG_0414.jpg

my pepakura mask with one coat of resin, for reference:

IMG_0416.jpg

my ghetto boombox which I modded and gave a kickass paintjob:

IMG_0417.jpg

adding some dimension to the ear (forgot to take pics of a few steps on this ear):

IMG_0419.jpg

filling the ear in:

IMG_0426.jpg

one ear done:

IMG_0434.jpg

the outline of the second ear:

IMG_0431.jpg

trimming the outline:

IMG_0442.jpg

basic shape of the ear:

IMG_0444.jpg

adding dimension to the second ear:

IMG_0450.jpg

pretty much done. after I took this picture I just evened things up a bit and touched things up:

IMG_0458.jpg

Not bad but I think you should start a new thread showing your progress rather than hijacking another. We all think your progress is really nice but this thread is devoted to the different pep files from bioshock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back