Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the suport guys/girls!

I have just spent my entire day bondoing and sanding..... omg. I'm not getting the results I wanted, but thats becasue Ive never used Bondo before.... I will post pictures tomarrow night when im done for the week. Just a forewarning: My bondoin/sanding sucks lol. I'm trying to acomplish just a first layer of crappy bondo and hopefully next weekend I'll be able to get everythign smooth and near-perfect so I can add details but I really doubt I'll pull it off......

I was so upset about the bondo that I cried : ( today, I really hope I havnt destoryed my baby.....

Im depressed, time to drink it off. I'll continue bondoing tomarrow...

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Im depressed, time to drink it off. I'll continue bondoing tomarrow...

Hahahaha that's hilarious!!
But Seriously, your work is awesome....

Last edited by a moderator:
just member for bondo, the hardner you only need roughly the size of a pea and when you mix em you want the color to be the same bubblegum pinkish color of the paddle :p
dont worry my freind tried to help me bondo once and he filled a paperplate with bondo and put a drop the size of a silver dollar on there and it hardend instantly lol it was funny

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Very, Ive had to replace every part at least twice practically... I nearly lost my mind this weekend when I finally sat down with it and examined it extensivley and realized that the expanding foam raped my rifle..... But I think it is savable with awhole lotta bondo :D

Yes, it is a hard build and there have been alot of times I wanted to just walk away..... Its taken me along time ot get this far and its been frustrating and somehow I managed to drain my bank account of at least $400 because of this rifle and all my little mistakes. But even though its been hell, When I go home after work and the first thing I see when I walk into my apartment is my sniper rifle I cant help but smile. After so much blood, sweat, adn tears went into this thing how can you not go on?
ill give it a go then cheers
richie

redragon74 said:
just member for bondo, the hardner you only need roughly the size of a pea and when you mix em you want the color to be the same bubblegum pinkish color of the paddle :p
dont worry my freind tried to help me bondo once and he filled a paperplate with bondo and put a drop the size of a silver dollar on there and it hardend instantly lol it was funny

lmao yeah i quickly figured out not to use so much hardener lol. i think i have a good system goin on right now.... im still just putting on a base bondo layer and leveling it out with a dremel. once i have the whole bondo base done i'll smooth everything out perfectly. which reminds me, i need to go get sand paper... ive been reading other tuts and WIPs and i think i need 80-220 grit. right?

yeup i usually use 80/90 and it works gloriously

ill usually put on a layer as best and smoothly as i can, i got my muzzle flash and scope drying right now and getting ready to sand them, then ill use a palm sander to smoothen it out as much as possible, then all the lil niks and crannys ill just get a small amount of bondo and just lay it in those imperfections and just run the paddle right over it so it makes it even or if you need to build up an area then you litterally do just that just add in a shtload and just build it up and sand down what you need to, i had trouble at first too *why i threw out my needler* but you start getting the hang of it :p :D im fixing to try out some of that spot putty wich i just memberd i should have grabbed some at homedepot just now =,=

Without you getting into details of what is most troubling
I'm using a pvc pipe for my barrel, a thick wire for the scope
bar, an airsoft extension for the butt, and cardboard for the
barrel's end. Rest will be pep unless a substitute can be found.

Best of luck and Exellent work! Post pictures up when
you have the time!

I was thinking about replaceing the scope bar thigny with metal.... but im laxy so I might just instal 2 metal screws inside the bar on the 2 ends and lock them into the body of the rifle... I just removed the scope housing from the rifle So I can work on that seperately, I expect my scope to be arriving in the mail sometime this week so Im very excited about that. I'm almost done Bondoing the body right now, I'll be doing one more layer and touch ups for the rest of the day... I wont bother with sanding tonight, so the pics I'll put up will look like CRAP fyi :D . I'll be buying sand paper and start sanding tomarrow when I get my paycheck (im straight up BROKE). So by the end of next week I hope to have a really nice rifle to show your guys :]

EDIT: @ Roodkill: the most troubling part when I did the pep was the barrel, just go with 3/4 AND 1/2 PVC, dont instal them till you have a good support, combined they are too heavy for cradstock/cardboard alone.

Sorry to double post but its time to show off my terrible bondoing lol. I havnt finished the entire rifle because I kept getting distracted with other things but it's a start I guess...

Oh, and I havnt done any precise sanding yet, just some half-assed dremelin' :rolleyes

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

Wow....It is incredible!!!!
I have an idea.... the Sniper, long-ranged... BUT
what if you make THE SHOTGUN!!!

The ultimate combo :p
The bondo-ing[?] looks fantastic if you ask me!
Fantastic work BlackRose!

Aww! Thanks guys! Your too generous with the compliments lol (keep em' comin! ;) :p ) I just had a great idea for how i'll get the right look to this thing. Once I'm gone getting a crappy layer of Bondo on and evening things out, I'll Mud/Rondo ontop of the crude bondo job and that way it will be easier to work with and easier to get my details in there. Once I get paid tomarrow i'm headin over to my local hardware store and stockin up on things I think I need including Yarn and Metal wire ... . you'll see what I do with all that next weekend though ;)

I you guys rock! :love:

You definately did not ruin it. You just have a lot of sanding ahead of you.

Hehe, looks like a cake. Mmm... cake... *goes to get cake*

I'm new here but i'm trying to jump in. I've seen some bondo stuff before. Don't go bagging on yourself about the "Crappiness of it". It looks great. Believe me.

I suggest you pick up the black and decker mouse sander - that and two packages of sand paper will run you 50$. It will be a great help on this and all future projects though - trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back