Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! The encouraging and praiseing words are really appreciated and help fuel the drive to get this thing done<333

@bdup678 and Arthraxis:......There IS a real scope inside of that shell :lol:

@Tracy: I want this thing finished just as much as everyone else but you cant rush a job well done. Though I hope to have this fully completed by November so I can bring it to AnimeCon and get it signed by mister Steven Downes :cool:

Thanks Jswift and Lee, it's nice to hear that I don't dissapoint :D (except for the longass time it's takin me to finish this lol)

Yeah, I snapped it off so I could work on the underside of the rifle, it kept getting in the way. The Scope and the bar thingy will stay off until everything else is done ( I should have done that with the legs too, oh well) and then i'll be fixing the scope and the bar thingy permanently.... I was also thinking about doing some metal work and replacing the pep bar thingy with a much more durable but still lightweight metal (...probably aluminum). I was gona finish detailing and re-primering th scope tonight. Do you want me to take a picture with the bar thingy and with the front of the scope uncovered?

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Yeah, I snapped it off so I could work on the underside of the rifle, it kept getting in the way. The Scope and the bar thingy will stay off until everything else is done ( I should have done that with the legs too, oh well) and then i'll be fixing the scope and the bar thingy permanently.... I was also thinking about doing some metal work and replacing the pep bar thingy with a much more durable but still lightweight metal (...probably aluminum). I was gona finish detailing and re-primering th scope tonight. Do you want me to take a picture with the bar thingy and with the front of the scope uncovered?

If you could take a picture of everything put together, that would just give us all an idea of how your finished product will be.
Try and get a hold of some thin Aluminum tubes, use a bending device and bend them according to the Pep Bar and use hot glue/Epoxy glue to put it into place. ;)

-Viper

Last edited by a moderator:
Arthraxis said:
That's a sweet lookin' scope, but here's an idea to bounce around. If you could get a real scope inside of that shell just to add to the realism and the looks, it'd be a lot more authentic looking and feeling.

Just my 0.02

Here's an even spiffier idea.. If you can get someone to help you put in the guts of a broken digital camera, you can have the lens up front, and slap the LCD screen in the back of the scope.

Awesome work! Maybe along with the digital camera idea, you could use a gel color filter for the lcd so its green. Id say pick up some nighvision if you could!

Settle down my children, I have big plans for the back "screen" using a secret ninja-viking-spartan (thats me lol) technique, and I cant modify to front lens anymore because I bondoed it in and I cant get it out without breaking my scope.

@CPU64: I didnt quite understnad your Digital Camera idea....PM me to explain?

And, just abit more eye candy. FYI, The bridge will be remade to fit lol.

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

That is looking SWEET! Keep at it girl you're doing great. I wasn't trying to rush you - just keep you focused. :D

:D :D :D :D :D

That first pic almost does my work justice lol. Thanks for the jaw drop Viper :] And, Tracy, my homie G Dawg, I would have never gotten that scope done without your help <3333

:eek:
A kitty! :)

Wait, was there something important? That kitty caught my eye. :)

Nice job Kelly. Can we see pics with the clip in?

Keegan said:
:eek:
A kitty! :)

Wait, was there something important? That kitty caught my eye. :)
Nice job Kelly. Can we see pics with the clip in?

Hehe. I see two kittehs. One in picture, one in post

Yeah, I have to manufacture up another mag... a custom one..... i'll do that eventually.. the rifle it's self is more important to me to get done. I had to trash the 2 clips I made previously... one I messed up with filling it with a foam that didnt harden and the other one got crushed when Kaeda (my snake) grabbed ahold of it and squeezed it... I know she did that on purpose to give me more work lol.

Oh and yeah that's my kitty, Sadie.... she's kinda like my shadow... she watches me while I work outside and is always sitting at the end of my walkway at 7pm when I get off work, she's never missed a day to greet me.. and she only does this with me :]

Shes my best friend<3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlacRoseImmortal @ Jul 31 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I have to manufacture up another mag... a custom one..... i'll do that eventually.. the rifle it's self is more important to me to get done. I had to trash the 2 clips I made previously... one I messed up with filling it with a foam that didnt harden and the other one got crushed when Kaeda (my snake) grabbed ahold of it and squeezed it... I know she did that on purpose to give me more work lol.

Oh and yeah that's my kitty, Sadie.... she's kinda like my shadow... she watches me while I work outside and is always sitting at the end of my walkway at 7pm when I get off work, she's never missed a day to greet me.. and she only does this with me :]

Shes my best friend<3</div>

Your cat doesn't get eaten by your snake?

And nice rifle. :p lol looks rubberish, maybe paint it to look metal?

I have been watching this thread like a hawk. And so far, I haven't been dissappointed. This looks beautiful! You just hurry up and finish now, kay? jk, you take you time and make sure you get it perfect. (No seriously, hurry up. I'm waiting. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back