blarg...helmet to big after scaling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchoplomein

so I made ma helmet and now I only have a few pieces to attach...but it looks way to big! I followed the scaling thread and I got 28.9something (I am 6' 2") but the helmet is too big. what scale do you guys think I should use for the helmet?

porkchoplomein said:
so I made ma helmet and now I only have a few pieces to attach...but it looks way to big! I followed the scaling thread and I got 28.9something (I am 6' 2") but the helmet is too big. what scale do you guys think I should use for the helmet?

try 27... or 26.7... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say 25 or 26 would do it, I've made several helmets and everytime I get distracted by moving the peices to fit, I forget to scale them. Time to make a 3rd helmet properly (hopefully)

23 more days till us halloween chiefs hit our deadline...

thanks for the help guys.

well, the bad side to this is that I wasted time making a helmet that is too big

the good side is that now I can start a Mark V helmet! I regretted my 1st decision to go with a Mark VI.

I must hurry to finish by Halloween (only got right/left calves and too big helmet)

torso took me 3 days of work, 2 if my printer wouldnt had run out of paper and made me think the job was done, then the forums with all the parts were down at 12pm one night, so I had to wait till the next morning to download 2 pages...

Arms and legs peices can be done in one day, one peice per day, thats about 8 days to make the arms and legs, and the feet I'd say can be both done in 1-2 days, crotch peice took me 1 day to make...

If you can build this thing in 2-2.5 weeks and resin/fiberglass in 1 week, then you can still make it, I'm resining everything I have done so far.

AoBfrost said:
torso took me 3 days of work, 2 if my printer wouldnt had run out of paper and made me think the job was done, then the forums with all the parts were down at 12pm one night, so I had to wait till the next morning to download 2 pages...

Arms and legs peices can be done in one day, one peice per day, thats about 8 days to make the arms and legs, and the feet I'd say can be both done in 1-2 days, crotch peice took me 1 day to make...

If you can build this thing in 2-2.5 weeks and resin/fiberglass in 1 week, then you can still make it, I'm resining everything I have done so far.

I just finished the left bicep in about 2 hrs. so now I have 2 calves + left bicep. I am definitely re-doing my helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, I just discovered mine was too big last night after 6 coats of resin. I made the chest too big too but i think i can cleverly cut some parts to make it look smaller.

28.9/30.342*86=81.91inches which means you didn't use the scaling formula right unless you're 6'10".

6'2"+2"=76/86*30.342=26.81 I wouldn't go over 27.

I had this problem when I built one for my kid(only 12). I went ahead and glassed the whole outfit then cut it up and shrunk it. Took about 4 hrs to resize everything, 2 hrs to reconnect then some bondo work. I'm working on a tutorial to show how I did it cause you gotta get crafty redoing the helmet.

i had the same problem with my helmet so i rescaled it from 28 to 26 still in the cutting process hopefully it will fit better.

How big is too big? Keep in mind that you want some space inside the helm to add padding, electronics, and what not. Once all is said and done it might not be as big as you think.

i think my helmet might be about a half inch too big... i never used ua formula, i just measured my head, and then set the height to that.... a half inch is actually alot though, it looks big, a little padding on the inside should make it better though

my helmets are always too big i do what people tell me for size but i forget I'm only twelve so they are huge
it isn't easy being small :mad:

Some scaling to use for the halo 2 helmet

26 for 5 feet 6-8inches
27 for people 5 feet 9 inches
27.5 to 29 for 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches
30 for people 6 feet 5 inches
original scaling for people 6 feet 8 to 7 feet tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back