Bleeding noses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

helios

Hello people. I have been getting quite a few bleeding noses lately, and was wondering what do you guys/girls find to be the best way to stop them quickly?

Hey I had the same problem too. I called my doctor and he told me to rub some Vasline in my nose for a couple day. It worked for me but if it doesn't work for you than go see a doctor as it may become serious.

Actually vaseline works for a little while but since ive been getting them off and on ever since i was 2. :cautious: .well what i do is get most of it out when i take a shower and if that doesnt work then i rip a peace of toilet paper just big enough to bl ock my nostrils and long to retrieve out of my nose and then let it sit to create a blood clot..it can get really big but is worth the wait but make sure you are not running around but relaxing..playin games or watching TV will be the best options to do... ;)

apparently, that works...or u can lay down and keep the bleeding from dripping....once done, dont sniff! or else its gonna bleed again...believe me, i drink 12 cans of root beer everyday and i have to do the same routine in school as well, and it works

Look up and hold the top of your nose, like where the bone is. That should slow down the bleeding and eventually stop it. And you might wanna try drinking water too.

I learned in Boy Scouts that even though SpArtan-270 is correct in that type of treatment, that would cause nausea and vomiting (but the water would help). To prevent this, tilt your head forward. This keeps the blood flowing out.

SpArtan-270's theory is used when you have a serious problem (like getting a fracture in your head) and mine is for if you get them regularly and they are not a problem.

I hope this helps. :D

I just passed my CPR and first aid training so hope i could be of some assistance to this thread, to stop bleeding noses put a cold damp cloth around the upper neck area near lower jaw bone until it stops, when i heard of this method i was not too sure of it efficient result but according to the booklet THIS WORKS!!! so I hope everybody that reads this benefits from it!!!!

take care

Cert:) aka UNSC certified

TheUnamed said:
Actually vaseline works for a little while but since ive been getting them off and on ever since i was 2. :cautious: .well what i do is get most of it out when i take a shower and if that doesnt work then i rip a peace of toilet paper just big enough to bl ock my nostrils and long to retrieve out of my nose and then let it sit to create a blood clot..it can get really big but is worth the wait but make sure you are not running around but relaxing..playin games or watching TV will be the best options to do... ;)
vasaline your nose several times a day, I get this during the winter, then the next day I wake up with a bloody pillow.

Keeping your nose moist keeps it from cracking and bleeding.

Last edited by a moderator:
let me tell you a better effective way, this is what i do:

just roll a piece of tissue(toilet paper) about 1 1/2 inces long about a pen thick and place into your mouth, behind and under your upper lip, but try to put it as deep as it goes. your upper lip should look like its swollen, but it is better than having a piece of tissue hanging from your nose right!! ;)
put some pressure by compressing your lip, and tighten the tissue. just make sure you clean the blood that is already on your nostrils. just go and do whatever you were doing, you don't have to tilt backwards or forward or anything. in 5 minutes you should be fine.

i read that few years ago on menshealth magazine and surprisingly works.
if i wasn't clear let me know i will find a description on the internet for you.

Thanks guys/girls. If I end up getting anymore bleeding noses today and in the next little while, I'll try these.

im 13 and suffer from dry sinuses and i get nose bleeds from walking up and down my stairs lol but my mom gets a facecloth and run it under cold water and puts it on the back of my neck and tells me to put my head up and look up and it works almoost instantly

I don't like the tip about tilting the head backwards... When I do it, I get naucious.

Anyway...

When you have a nose bleed, try pinching your nose shut to prevent the blood from running down. Remember to keep your head leveled. Hold your nose shut for a couple of minutes. When you think it's stopped, release your nose again. If it keeps bleeding, pinch your nose again, and hold longer than the last time. I recommend doing this over the bathroom sink. (You wouldn't want blood on the floor, would you?)

Hope this helps. It does for me. ;)

being almost an eagle scout, i can tell you that you should pinch the bridge of your nose and LEAN YORU HEAD FORWARD!

blood will go back in your stomach if you lean back. it should drain out.

i also get nose bleed regularly...

first off boy scouts are you kidding me?

secound first you probably want to lay flat on the ground pinching your nose where the holes are.

third blodd freezes at 65F ice cant hurt then you want to make a tampon like roll push it up there

works for me!

It just depends. If it is regular, go into the bathroom, and breathe deeply, and try to lower your blood pressure by calming down. The slower your heart beats, the slower your blood will fall out of your nose. If it goes on for about an hour, I suggest flushing the toilet, and then hanging your head over it. I have been told many times that you should NEVER put up your head and try to keep the blood in your body. You will feel dizzy, vomit, and pass out, and probably break your nose, thus worsening (don't know if that's a word or not) the problem.

I have nosebleeds regularly in the summer, but it turned out to be an infection. Now they have stopped, but it's winter, and nearly 0 degrees.

If they keep coming, go to your doctor, and they will figure out the problem. The last thing someone needs is a severe problem because they keep having nosebleeds.

I get them constantly too. Mine go away fast but I either a. get bored and let it drip into the toilet for awhile or b. as many have said, tear off a piece of tissue and stick it up your nose. and then replace that tissue when it gets too bloody.

And as many people have also said, don't ever lean your head backwards.

But, funnest way ever is to rub it on your arms and hands and cover them in blood >_> or drip it in the toilet and see how much of the water/toilet you can make red. I would make a comment but I don't need to and if you know, then congratulations, you win nothing. But it would be unneeded lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back