BLOXX3R’s Spartan-III build, 3D Printed

sorry i didn't explain well enough there, i am using the template i just sent it to someone with a much better printer so it will be a more quality print.
Ohh gochya! Yeah it was definitely a bit of trouble to do such big prints with the chest and back, but I think they turned out pretty good! I'm doing the tactical/patrol variant thought so you won't even really see the top half of the torso anyway lol

BTW Bloxx3r I liked the way you've got your knife in your concept picture so I stole the idea and now have it on my belt as well.
Ok so I just saw your latest pics on your thread and dude, your armor looks incredible. I have to ask how you mounted your knife now lol. The NerdForge knife file has a belt loop thing on it so I was considering just doing that, but I like the way yours was sitting on your belt.

Ok so I just saw your latest pics on your thread and dude, your armor looks incredible. I have to ask how you mounted your knife now lol. The NerdForge knife file has a belt loop thing on it so I was considering just doing that, but I like the way yours was sitting on your belt.
I took the easy route and just added a bit of velcro to my belt and the back of the sheath. Since my secondary color is black the velcro is hidden on the belt, making this a viable option for me. I was gonna do a second mag mount on the left thigh but I liked this better.

Sorry for the lack of updates y'all, there hasn't been much happening with the suit recently. However, I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to commission a 3D Print in a fairly flexible filament? I'd love to make the abdomen piece from NerdForge's files, though I don't want to have to go through the work of configuring my printer for flexible filaments.

Sorry for the lack of updates y'all, there hasn't been much happening with the suit recently. However, I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to commission a 3D Print in a fairly flexible filament? I'd love to make the abdomen piece from NerdForge's files, though I don't want to have to go through the work of configuring my printer for flexible filaments.
Nerdforge does do casts of the abdomen so you might be able to reach out and see it if you can get one done in your size.

Nerdforge does do casts of the abdomen so you might be able to reach out and see it if you can get one done in your size.
Yeah, I know he does, he just charges so much for them (and understandably so). I'd like to find a way to make one that doesn't cost $400. I'm also hoping they eventually do casts for the chest gasket since I'm still not sure how to make one of those.

Yeah, I know he does, he just charges so much for them (and understandably so). I'd like to find a way to make one that doesn't cost $400. I'm also hoping they eventually do casts for the chest gasket since I'm still not sure how to make one of those.
Oh damn, I didn't realize it said $400 :oops:

NerdForgeDesigns definitely makes some incredibly detailed armor, wish I had the money for them as well! Oh, well. This kit is looking fantastic regardless, really dig how you did that belt. Looking forward to the next update!

Hello everyone! I’ve made a tiny bit of progress! Time to work on this project has been nonexistent lately as I’ve had a packed schedule with work, summer classes, and now my flight course, so I haven’t really been able to do much. I did however start the finishing process on my Mk. V bucket!
3D5D547E-0ACD-4DAB-A510-E2C9F11D7CC8.jpeg
After a layer of primer I can see that the creases still need a lot of work, and I have discovered the sanding is painful lol. I’ll definitely be utilizing a hand sander from now on.
DCFA317B-2DA1-4E38-BE87-8B8A69C83364.jpeg

That’s not the only progress I’ve made though, since I’ve been away so much, I decided to get the printer running again and start a little side project for my sister. I’m printing @MoeSizzlac’s Cavallino hemet from Infinite, and of course I’ll be including the cat ears! I got it all off the bed the other day, and she’s all assembled (photos below). I’ll throw more progress of that project in here as well when the time comes, but for now that’s all I’ve got, folks!

Attachments

• 341DD367-0741-4EF0-89A5-9100BE29F3D1.jpeg
    341DD367-0741-4EF0-89A5-9100BE29F3D1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • A38DDF95-92B4-4AE2-AAE9-C6C892694436.jpeg
    A38DDF95-92B4-4AE2-AAE9-C6C892694436.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • A8F06559-2254-49FC-A5FE-15492424E557.jpeg
    A8F06559-2254-49FC-A5FE-15492424E557.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back