Blue Jeans....

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerjericho

Jr Member
You have to wonder. Blue jeans have already been around for over 150 years.

Do you think in 2552 in the Halo Universe they still would be around? They have lasted us this long... they are nice.

A frivolous, yet at the same time relevant.... query.

150 years, that tells you that its a good invention that will last until Jean Material cant be made anymore! still, it makes you wonder...

Cheers,
-John-

I doubt it especially once we get up in that whole space thing. I bet there's gunna a whole "tighter clothes" look and/or jumpsuits.

hmm... well it all depends on fashion of the time...

maybe the level 12 combat skin required for all civilians the forerunner reference in the terminals were blue jeans and a tshirt? lol

Jason 'Biff' H said:
hmm... well it all depends on fashion of the time...

maybe the level 12 combat skin required for all civilians the forerunner reference in the terminals were blue jeans and a tshirt? lol

Lol tell me more of this level 12 combat skin.

EDIT: It was a level 8! Lol and I am thinking about Earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think yes, although they won't be "blue jeans" made out of cotton, but some other materials. you know, like the retro stuff. not the same rubbish material, similar look. Humans don't like change in general.

They might still be around (provided cotton is still plentiful as a fiber crop), but they certainly won't be military issue.

The think to remember is that if it isn't seen in the Halo games or mentioned in the novels, it isn't considered canon.

I think it could most definitely happen. After all, look at what people wear now, everyone has their own taste. When not on the job, when not in uniform, I would imagine that there will be a wide array of styles from the blue jeans and flannel shirts, to rings and to-tos, to the universal task jumpsuit.

I don't think they would wear jeans. Styles change, look at what people wear now as opposed to what is worn way back in the 1500's.

Plus, even if cotton was not plentiful, it wouldn't matter. This is 500+ YEARS IN THE FUTURE! Their level of technology would be such that they could make any material they wanted on an atomic level, or possibly even invent their own material with it's own atomic structure.

This is the thing that gets me about the Halo games. They are so far into the future, and yet most of the technology we see looks like something we will have in about 50 years.

They still use kevlar, they still use plated inserts, they still use bullets. Look at current technological trends and you will realise that in 500 years time, at this rate, we will be able to do anything we want.

I seriously doubt that. No-one can predict the way technology's going to go. Fifty years ago, they thought we'd have flying cars by now, but they never though of anything like mobile-internet devices.
I think it's perfectly believeable that 500 years into the future we're still using projectile weapons, but we have some kind of faster-than-light travel. Technologic advances are unpredictable at best. Predicting the future is pointless, if your after accuracy, but excellent for fun.

2 words.... "Armored Pants!"

Now with a new integrated material to protect you from various items such as:

Fires
Bullets
More fires
Rabid Weasels
Zombies
Plasma burns

And MORE!

Note: User discretion is advised, Armored Pants could malfunction causing the protection of said items to be nullified and could cause serious injury or even death to the consumer.... We highly advise that you do not try any of the protection examples that have been stated... If so, possible malfunction will ensue and we will not be viable for your ignorance in letting a pack of Wild Rabid Weasels attack you in the middle of the night... We appreciate your purchase and hope that we don't see any "lawsuits" against us because of your stupidity.... Have a nice day... :)

But other than that I'm pretty sure in 2552 there would be Blue Jeans, I mean they colonized other planets and are in space now! I'm pretty confident that they still have Blue Jeans hanging around. But they could be rare just like the old cars we see popping in and out of the roads today, those are rare but awesome to see. So I guess the Blue Jeans might be like that in the future, and our cars today will be the "Classics" of the future.... Which bugs me because most of today's cars look like crap. XD I like the style of the old cars that used to be here... Not anymore though... T.T XD

So far, I think the best interpretation of the future in my eyes was Irobot. It still had a 2008 look, but had some very futuristic things in it.

In the topic of blue jeans; I think they are present in Halo, because jeans are immortal. And if somehow they manage to fall out of existence for some horrible reason, we should make a time capsule and put a pair of blue jeans in, and in 2552, they dig it up and find them and exclaim, "By Jove! What are these beautiful pantaloons?"

Well as long as the cotton keeps growing across the street from my land I am pretty sure denim will be around but I dont think in the halo dimension that cotton grows anymore so they probably where synthetic fibers like rayon lol

I have always had the same view of iRobot... and also.... Rayon jeans? Lol doesn't seem to far-fetched. Perhaps a little bit more slim... not as rugged. We still have collars like in the 17th century, but small... streamlined.

Ooooh. Armored pants.... :D

this is really a random topic...

anyways, why couldn't they still grow cotton?
they have other worlds for agriculture besides earth to grow cotton
take harvest for example(although most of them were probably glassed by those covies)
now that I think about it, the covenant may be to blame for the extinction of blue jeans!
no place to grow cotton, so bye bye blue jeans :cry:

Although slightly off topic from the blue jeans, I think this at least lends credence to the argument. When you think about human tech and what we have done and how we have done it, not a lot has changed in concept. When we started fighting one another with weapons we threw rocks, well that just evolved into sharpening the rock and throwing it, then sharpening the rock and putting it on a stick and throwing it, then sharpening the rock and putting it on a smaller stick and shooting it from a bow, then making it metal, then making the metal smaller and shooting it with gun-powder. A bullet for all of its advances and accuracy is no different in concept than throwing a rock, we just found better ways to do it; so why not 500 years in the future would we still work with that concept? And human armor hasn't changed either in over 3000 years, why should it change in the next 500? We layered animal leather over our bodies to protect us, then breastplates, and now we do the exact same thing but with better materials; we use ceramic plates rather than deer skin, but we are in no way using a new concept. I think the blue jeans will be around, the overalls, and every other durable standard piece of equipment that we have right now. After all, robots harvesting cotton will still be pretty cheap, and those colonists on harvest didn't need space suits, they just needed something to cover their business while working on those robots out in the fields.

My two+ cents anyways

500 years into the future, most of the fashion we have around today will be long gone or changed dramatically

blue jeans might not be around in the future, but there might be some similar clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back