Props Blueprints Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, here are all the measurements I gave to Lee for the schematics I sent him (same as shown in the pics):

Rifle Body

+ 31 1/4" (L) I FIGURE ABOUT 30" FOR THE BARREL LENGTH, BUT IT WOULD PROBABLY BE BETTER TO ASK LEE.
+ 7" (H, minus scope/scope mount)
+ 2" (W)

Flash Supressor

+1 5/16" (H)
+ 3 3/4" (L)
+ 3 1/16" (W)
+ 7/16" (H, Forward site)
+ 2 1/2" (L, Forward site)
+ 1" (Forward barrel extension width/circumfrence)

Scope Assembly

+ 10 1/2" (L, overall)
+ 5 1/2" (L, body)
+ 1 7/8" , (H, body)
+ 3 5/8" (W, body)
+ 5" (L, Scope extension)
+ 2" (Scope extension width/circumfrence)
+ 2 1/2" (W, Viewfinder)
+ 2" (L, Viewfinder)
+ 1 1/4" (H, Viewfinder)

LastSpartan said:
These are awesome S-II! I love your attention to details, and so many numbers ^^

Great job Elvis!

What's your next project?

BOLD # 1: Thanks, my fellow Canadian SPARTAN! I've always been kinda OCD when it comes to applying details and displaying real-world dimensions on any of the prop schematics I've drawn in the past, so that's served me well, lol.

BOLD # 2: Do you mean my next project? As in the next set of schematics? Or are you asking Lee? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
SPARTAN II said:
As promised, here are all the measurements I gave to Lee for the schematics I sent him (same as shown in the pics):

Rifle Body

+ 31 1/4" (L)
+ 7" (H, minus scope/scope mount)
+ 2 1/2" (W)

Flash Supressor

+1 5/16" (H)
+ 3 3/4" (L)
+ 3 1/16" (W)
+ 7/16" (H, Forward site)
+ 2 1/2" (L, Forward site)
+ 1" (Forward barrel extension width/circumfrence)

Scope Assembly

+ 10 1/2" (L, overall)
+ 5 1/2" (L, body)
+ 1 7/8" , (H, body)
+ 3 5/8" (W, body)
+ 5" (L, Scope extension)
+ 2" (Scope extension width/circumfrence)
+ 2 1/2" (W, Viewfinder)
+ 2" (L, Viewfinder)
+ 1 1/4" (H, Viewfinder)
BOLD # 1: Thanks, my fellow Canadian SPARTAN! I've always been kinda OCD when it comes to applying details and displaying real-world dimensions on any of the prop schematics I've drawn in the past, so that's served me well, lol.

BOLD # 2: Do you mean my next project? As in the next set of schematics? Or are you asking Lee? o_O
I meant your next projet, but I'll ask you two. What are you guys next projects? :p

LastSpartan said:
I meant your next projet, but I'll ask you two. What are you guys next projects? :p

I don't know! I was thinking about some thing big. :D

LastSpartan said:

Oh... I didn't expect anyone would actually ask me that, lol. Thanks for asking :)

At the moment, I don't have any plans in mind for drafting other schematics. Of course, if LeeKegan has anything he'd like to tackle after this, I'd be game for doing for him what I did this time around. Or, I'm open to suggestions others may have for personal projects they might want to get started on :D

SPARTAN II said:
Oh... I didn't expect anyone would actually ask me that, lol. Thanks for asking :)

I don't know why not. You drew up some great blueprints. Your fans can't wait to see whats next!
(y)

LeeKegan said:
I don't know why not. You drew up some great blueprints. Your fans can't wait to see whats next!
(y)

Well, it's just... the way I see it, I simply drew the schematics. It's not like I'm actually building the thing, which is what everyone's really looking for. As such, I didn't expect anyone would really take notice. It's nice to know people think I do good work though, even if it's just drawings :p

LastSpartan said:
Do the blueprints of the Pillar of Autumn, with the mesurements! :p

I could do that, but I'd need more paper. A lot more paper lol

Actually, I was thinking of maybe doing that for the Pelican dropship, or perhaps the Scorpion attack tank. First I'd need to get my hands on some real-world measurements for them, then scale them down to a manageable size, though.

Hey Lee, you think a scale model of the Pillar of Autumn would be big enough for your next project? :lol:

SPARTAN II said:
Well, it's just... the way I see it, I simply drew the schematics. It's not like I'm actually building the thing, which is what everyone's really looking for. As such, I didn't expect anyone would really take notice. It's nice to know people think I do good work though, even if it's just drawings :p
I could do that, but I'd need more paper. A lot more paper lol

Actually, I was thinking of maybe doing that for the Pelican dropship, or perhaps the Scorpion attack tank. First I'd need to get my hands on some real-world measurements for them, then scale them down to a manageable size, though.

Hey Lee, you think a scale model of the Pillar of Autumn would be big enough for your next project? :lol:

I think all of them are a little bigger than I was thinking about. I don't think I could get enough wood!!!!!!!

Think a little smaller please!

LeeKegan said:
I think all of them are a little bigger than I was thinking about. I don't think I could get enough wood!!!!!!!

Think a little smaller please!

LMAO! :lol:

Good point, buddy. Although, you could possibly pull off a Pillar of Autumn build if you used MDF board instead of solid wood, and keep the interior hollow. Less material to use, less work. Would certainly help to keep it lighter, that's for sure, lol.

But yeah, something a little smaller would probably be good.

I was thinking of making the Pelican dropship smaller than what the Pillar of Autumn would be (even scaled-down), but again I would need to get some real-world dimensions for it first before I could do anything with that.

I'm sure someone here can come up with a decent suggestion, and then I could get to work on some schematics :cool: heh

SPARTAN II said:
LMAO! :lol:

Good point, buddy. Although, you could possibly pull off a Pillar of Autumn build if you used MDF board instead of solid wood, and keep the interior hollow. Less material to use, less work. Would certainly help to keep it lighter, that's for sure, lol.

But yeah, something a little smaller would probably be good.

I was thinking of making the Pelican dropship smaller than what the Pillar of Autumn would be (even scaled-down), but again I would need to get some real-world dimensions for it first before I could do anything with that.

I'm sure someone here can come up with a decent suggestion, and then I could get to work on some schematics :cool: heh

The convent Aa ship (aa= Anti air)

Forgive my ignorance, but which one is the Covenant Anti-air Ship? I've played all three games countless times, but for the life of me I can't seem to recall just which one that is. The only one that comes to mind that might fit that description is the huge AA turret you have to destroy in one of the HALO 3 missions, which I think would also be too large-scale of a project for Lee to take on :unsure:

EDIT: One I had thought of maybe doing was schematics for the SPNKR rocket launcher. Wouldn't be too big to do, imho. One could use PVC piping of a wide diameter for the launch tubes, rather than trying to fabricate those out of wood, and the rest of the components wouldn't be too large to make out of wood. Knowing how Lee is with his weapon builds, he'd probably make the loading compartment functional, and mill some rocket rounds to fit, lol. Could work, I think.

SPARTAN II said:
Forgive my ignorance, but which one is the Covenant Anti-air Ship? I've played all three games countless times, but for the life of me I can't seem to recall just which one that is. The only one that comes to mind that might fit that description is the huge AA turret you have to destroy in one of the HALO 3 missions, which I think would also be too large-scale of a project for Lee to take on :unsure:

EDIT: One I had thought of maybe doing was schematics for the SPNKR rocket launcher. Wouldn't be too big to do, imho. One could use PVC piping of a wide diameter for the launch tubes, rather than trying to fabricate those out of wood, and the rest of the components wouldn't be too large to make out of wood. Knowing how Lee is with his weapon builds, he'd probably make the loading compartment functional, and mill some rocket rounds to fit, lol. Could work, I think.

Stuff a compressed air t-shirt launcher into the tubes, great for parade duty. ;)
(Now that my armor is about done, I might be doing this soon...)

Hmm... that would certainly make for an amusing and unique application for a SPNKR, lol.

So, you're thinking of building your own rocket launcher to go with your armour? Haven't really seen many others try to build that one, so it'd be kewl to see.

Yeah, I have Bevbor's eDrawing of the SPNKr, and WMHunterTLS' H3 concept art launcher. right now I'm working up a cad model of Hunter's launcher which will be broken down into components and subassemblies.

Sweet deal, buddy. Sounds like you've got everything you need to get started on that. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with ;)

EDIT: Anyway, we should probably keep things on topic here, lol.

SPARTAN II said:

O..O..O GOD i've been a way from halo 3 that long.

The wraith sorry i need more halo in my blood:( :(

Oh, okay. Well... I honestly don't know if that's the sort of thing Lee was thinking of doing for his next project. I could always try doing up a set of schematics for it, at any rate, but like with the Pelican dropship, Scorpion tank and Pillar of Autumn I'd need to get some real-world measurements from somebody before I could do anything with that.

P.S.: I take it the measurements I posted at the top of this page are just what you were looking for?

SPARTAN II said:
EDIT: One I had thought of maybe doing was schematics for the SPNKR rocket launcher. Wouldn't be too big to do, imho. One could use PVC piping of a wide diameter for the launch tubes, rather than trying to fabricate those out of wood, and the rest of the components wouldn't be too large to make out of wood. Knowing how Lee is with his weapon builds, he'd probably make the loading compartment functional, and mill some rocket rounds to fit, lol. Could work, I think.[/b]

That sounds like what I was looking for! :D

I know there are several others working on there versions, and I think it would be a challange to build it!

Let me see what I can find on the rocket launcher, and I'll get to work on drawing up something for you, buddy. Methinks maybe we've found the next project, for both of us:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back