Body Filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

009 SPA

Annoyingly, the place where I'm going my body filler from advertises it by mass and not volume. But on average, how much will I need to bondo a 70 inch Mk 6 suit? I know this is a trivial topic and has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find any info anywhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

009-SPA said:
Annoyingly, the place where I'm going my body filler from advertises it by mass and not volume. But on average, how much will I need to bondo a 70 inch Mk 6 suit? I know this is a trivial topic and has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find any info anywhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

I say start with about 9 to 10lbs or equivalent to about 1 gallon size paint can... The same place your getting the body filler from should have empty paint cans available. If not you can usually find some empty cans where you buy house or automotive paint .

but yeah boba fett is right about it depending on how smooth the starting point is.. the smoother the piece you start with the less body filler you need to smooth it out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the other 2 said, it depends on how the smooth your starting point is. I also think it depends on how much detail you will try to add using bondo. If it was me, I would start off using the small can of bondo. Like the 11.99 can.

Really depends on how good you are with it too. I know my first several pieces used a lot of bondo but the newest pieces are not so much. But like everyone else said, make an investment in some and see how far it gets you.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'd like to add that I've bought my filler and started using it, I bought a 6kg tub and I calculated that there's about 3 litres (0.7 gallons) of the stuff in there. It doesn't really matter if there's not enough as I can always get more, right?

Indeed, better to spend too little than too much on that stuff to be honest. You just have to make another store trip at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back