Bondo question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

So I have never used bondo on a build ( just skipped that step on my first build). I have read how to mix how to apply, sand a finish but not quite sure what I'm looking for to apply to.

So I have dremeled any big drip marks, hit the high spots with 150, then 320 and hit this test piece with a coat of primer to see high and low spots.

So once the primer dries do I just apply it like icing on a cake trying to even out the rough and low spots for a even layer?

Screenshot_20170924-162520.jpg

After I posted this I totally spaced YouTube and found exactly what I needed. Tried to delete post couldn't find it.

The guy in the video talking about minimizing sanding by not using to much bondo. LOL. He would really hate 3d printing in pla where it's much harder then bondo. Then using bondo on top of it. Sanding for days. :p So... when is appropriate to use bondo two part car filler and when is appropriate to use bondo spot putty?

Last edited:
For me (still practicing) I use bondo to round out pieces that have the polygonal shape and once its sanded down if there are very small low spots i'll add spot putty there instead of bondo.
These are the places I have been using spot putty for instead of a another coat of bondo.
Screenshot_20170927-082049.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back