Brother Yas's Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Yas

Well, I have a busy schedule, so this armor will most likely take me a year to complete. Plus, I'm limited on the fact that my job pays below minimum wage (it's better than no money at least) so my funds are also extremely limited. I joined in the middle of Summer, and I started the Pepping process close to when I joined, and worked on it on and off during summer. Well, last friday I finally got off my ass and finished the helm. Pictures below:

Yes, I am aware of the many imperfections to it. This is my first piece of armor, and I am hoping that I will be able to fix these during the Resining/Bondo process. And in case your wondering what that cut is on the visor, I was about to cut out the visor then decided against it, because on my tiny pay-check (and I have to save up for Halo 3: ODST ^__^) It will be awhile before I can buy the Resin, the Respirator, the Fiber Glass, and the Bondo. So I left the visor in there to provide "structural support" because I noticed that during the gluing process it would sag if any pieces were missing. I know it's probably not needed, but better safe than sorry, and it's going to get cut out anyway, so I'll save the work for later.

It's also going to be hard for me to upload pictures considering my only working camera is my Web Came mounted on my Laptop, but I'll try my best. I also am enrolled in AP Classes, so I will also find very little time to update and work on this armor. But once again, I'll try my best to update and work on it as much as possible.

List of Sources I will use to help me build the full body suit:

Armor Creation tools

Making Resin Armor

Paint (I could not find a good page on painting your armor, this is the closest I came to)

Adding Battle Damage (Scroll down the page a little)

The MUD Method

Well, until I finish the armor, please enjoy this picture of a bunny. :)

zDancingBunny-1.gif

I scaled it up to adult size on purpose, that way throughout the rest of my life I could switch out the inside part that holds it on my head so that I can wear it when I'm adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back