Marrows ODST build (hopefully)

MarrowofStar

Jr Member
Making this so I actually have motivation to get my stuff done. (and also kinda as a note pad)

My current plans are to make a Reach ODST with 3D printed parts, or a modified 3 ODST. I like the thighs of the Reach ODST as it would be easier to sit in. Once I figure out foam smithing then I will make a halo 3 ODST and/or a spartan

First few posts will be reserved for: Notes, reference images, and printing/sizing settings. This will hopefully help me keep track of my notes as well as show a bit of insight to my thought processes for my first build

--Notes/plans--
-Helmet from Titlewave (bought)
- Odst armour from Skookum (bought)

-Will be using a Bambu P1P printer
-PLA from Overture
-Backpack for snacks (Functional backpack-brink)
-fans, speaker system and head phone system inside helmet (Speaker syst. tut. -moe , headphone system -crimson)
-Fern imagery/iconography
-Water slide decals for the chest plate UNSC eagle and shoulder blood type (waterslide tut- duke, decal and ranks-specopsjoe)
-Rakshasa Util/medkit thigh attachment for extra storage?
-Spray paints -Rust-Oleum Moss Green Satin, Rust-Oleum Charcoal Grey satin (Thank you Skidmorpheus for the paint recommendations!)

Last edited:
--Reference images/sources--
Theres not many good reach ODST images out there, so this build might be a bit more cobbled together and might not be 100% accurate
1705831941998.png
(IMG source)
1705832035043.png
(IMG source)
1705832433083.png
(IMG source)

1709503251768.png
(made of various images, design by me)

Last edited:
Hey Marrow! You're exactly right, your build thread is pretty much a note pad for your costume and other people can follow along or offer suggestions.

That said, you'd be suprised how much can fit in one post (I think it's 50 photos) so try to avoid double posting when you can, which is multiple posts in the same day without other people commenting. You can always edit older posts.

Great references! It looks like you have a good start on the project. Best of luck!

How's the progress coming along on this one mate?
Good! So far I have one thigh and one bicep done, currently waiting on more filament to continue. Super happy with the results of the printer and with the sizing of my armour pieces so far. Took multiple lost files in armour smith (due to power outages and crashes) but I got it where I wanted.
1709060143676.png
image_2024-02-27_105610755.png

I had an update post planned about my new Bambu P1Pbut completely blanked on posting it, lol..
Ive also bought: Orbital sander, sanding blocks, and sand paper. On my next hardware store run I plan on getting spot putty and paint.
Lots of progress, still getting used to posting progress on the forums

Awesome, looks like it won't take much to sand those with the quality of the prints.

I do the same thing at times and forget to update my build thread.

Since you are already planing to use Rustoleum for your green I would suggest these for light grey and darker grey and black. These are the colors I used in my build. Good Luck Helljumper!

Attachments

• IMG_5327.png
    IMG_5327.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5329.png
    IMG_5329.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5328.png
    IMG_5328.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20231031_183936.jpeg
    20231031_183936.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Since you are already planing to use Rustoleum for your green I would suggest these for light grey and darker grey and black. These are the colors I used in my build. Good Luck Helljumper!
I was actually just starting the process of looking for the greys to use, thank you so much!! Ill keep an eye out for these colors as i shop for my various supplies.

Are you gonna have a fern print on your odst helmet? It'd really set you apart from normal odst builds.
I definitely will! I'm currently looking into and brainstorming ideas on how i want to put the ferns on. I'm gonna try to avoid hand painting it on, hopefully using like a stencil i either make or some cricut vinyl designs. I also have a half baked idea on how to make a fern/forest floor looking ghillie suit for pictures in the woods around my home.

Last edited:
20240319_213510.jpg

Did some more of the plastic welding last night, got my chest plate and my shins done (not pictured yet)
If the weather is nice I'll start sanding both by hand and with an orbital sander tonight.

I know what colors I plan to use, but haven't found them in my local hardware stores yet, so I may end up ordering it either to a store or via Amazon.

Looking great, Marrow! Can't wait to see this all put together! That paint scheme is gonna be sick!
Thank you! The more and more progress I make on this, the more and more excited I am to finish! Alot of my painting and fabrication is unfortunately waiting on the weather currently because I have a basic outdoor shop and no heater for it...

Thank you! The more and more progress I make on this, the more and more excited I am to finish! Alot of my painting and fabrication is unfortunately waiting on the weather currently because I have a basic outdoor shop and no heater for it...
Same here, my workspace is pretty much just my backyard lol. I’m waiting for the weather to warm up so I can lay some paint down. For now I’m stuck with sanding and bondo in my garage.

Yep, just snowed here pretty heavy so spraying is on hold for me for a bit

Same here, my workspace is pretty much just my backyard lol. I’m waiting for the weather to warm up so I can lay some paint down. For now I’m stuck with sanding and bondo in my garage.
Oh fair, I don't plan on using bondo due to the mess it makes ( I don't have a downdraft table to handle it yet) so I'm pretty much stuck just like, hand sanding. At least I can watch YouTube while I hand sand.

In other notes, however. I have started to hand sand, remembered that i hate sanding, and i have started to look into a tactical vest/plate carrier to attach all of my chest stuff to.
Yep, just snowed here pretty heavy so spraying is on hold for me for a bit
Snow can definitely mess with painting as well. best of luck

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back