Bud Light Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

macktruck

So, I was trying to think of the coolest, silliest cosplay to do, and I thought of Bud Light Knight. I'll probably start on the project tomorrow, but I though I would see what everyone thought.

So, I was trying to think of the coolest, silliest cosplay to do, and I thought of Bud Light Knight. I'll probably start on the project tomorrow, but I though I would see what everyone thought.
First of all, it is the bud knight, second of all, I doubt that's your drink of choice, and third, he's dead man. Like, dead dead. No silly dillys for you!

I like the idea and thought of it before but am glad someone is doing it!

All I can say is... Dilly Dilly. Awesome idea, though I don't really support (party/excess) drinking. The commercials are just awesome though.

Has anyone fully 3d printed their entire halo costume? Were you able to keep it lightweight? Does anyone have any experience with printing nylon or carbon fiber?

I want to try 3d this lifesize, but I need to keep it's weight
FO4_Power_Armor_Frame.png

*glances down at his can of bud light*
*glances at his drunk giant robot*

Yeah go for it! Gonna be made of foam or do you have a blacksmith shop in your pocket?
Probably foam, it's shapes are to simple to warrant using my 3d printer.

Last edited:
Has anyone fully 3d printed their entire halo costume? Were you able to keep it lightweight? Does anyone have any experience with printing nylon or carbon fiber?

I want to try 3d this lifesize, but I need to keep it's weight
View attachment 266607

Probably foam, it's shapes are to simple to warrant using my 3d printer.
Tagging MoeSizzlac for his experience with a fully printed suit before I can weigh in with my experiences with the current build.

From my experience, my pepekura suit build was 40+ pounds overall. The 3D suite is about 10+ Pounds all in and I get extra detail that I wasn't able to get free hand. I used ABS all over and although I used 8 spools, the weight is actually less due to waste and supports during the printing process. ABS finishes nicely and you can use a 3D Pen to fill/weld the suit together.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm finishing up on Jorge's armor from Reach right now.

058.jpg

Last edited:
Second the glory of a 3D printed suit. As long as you keep infill down (walls give the strength) you can keep the weight low. We've printed a few suits including my Recluse which is getting a complete overhaul from lessons learned.

Attachments

• IMG_8493.jpg
    IMG_8493.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 265
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back