Build Master Chief Armor BY Haloween!!! LOOK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Spase

For the invasion of Haloweeners!!! (lol I amuse myself sometimes...) I have seen these questions often in the last couple days... and seeing as if you are really new, you can't post anywhere but here, you should still read the other forums...

I will provide you with a Schedule... you can modify it, but you need to make one, and stick to it... work every weeknight for at least 4 hours, and all day weekends -- Saturdays and Sundays wake up at 9:00 skip your cartoons, work till midnight... Never rest, the MC never stops moving... you stop moving, you die... figure of speach...

To make a pep plan on it costing anywhere from 15 dollars for just the pep armor, and $300 for a fully decked suit of Pep... you may not have time for a fully decked at this point if you are shooting for Haloween...

Edit: This is Assuming you can pick up all the supplies you need for this project in one night... tonight, or on your way home from school or work, from Local retail stores... I.E. Lowes, Home Depot, Office Max, Hobby Lobby etc...

Edit: I am in no way saying that this is 100% possible to do, if you find yourself not being able to keep up with this schedule, then you wont make it by Haloween... Edited for AoBFrost

COUNT DOWN TO HALOWEEN
(10/16 - 10/17) -- Print your armor onto card stock, and keep the parts seperated (they share similar edge IDs, trust me, seperate them)
(10/17 - 10/21) -- Cut out, fold, and glue Each piece of your armor
(10/21 - 10/23) -- Resin the Outside of every piece
(10/23 - 10/26) -- Fiberglass the Inside of your Armor
(10/26 - 10/28) -- Paint your armor and install whatever visor you go with into Helm..
(10/28 - 10/30) -- Put your armor in a warm, well ventiallated, non-Humid environment to help air out the chemical smells
(10/28 - 10/30) -- Find your under suit, at this point, a black long sleeve t-shirt, some black pants, gloves, and a ski mask for the helmet and neck sock will work
(10/31) Haloween... Halloween.... go out as an MC and no one will care about the little details, its not a convention your going to .... its your neighbors houses, its a friends house...
(11/1 - 10/31/2008) Sand the armor down, apply whatever finishing product you would like, and detail the heck out of your MC... Theres always next Haloween to go as a "decked out" MC..

Follow this link for information about Peparuka... Peparuka Forum

If you need a picture to show you where exactly to look when you follow the Link to the Peparuka Forum, then look at this picture here...
gallery_3819_91_18100.jpg

Good Luck Haloweeners....

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be helpful for haloweeners, i think folding an entire suit in like 2 or 3 days would be a stretch... to complete before Haloween you better take work and or school off.

It's freakin impossible to fold every body peice in 3 days, I think Right now is a little too late to start.

it takes atleast 1 day to fold the helmet, and another day to fold the torso, I can see arms and legs being done in 4-5 days, but the entire suit being done is 3 days folded? Crazy, resin in 1 day? insane, resin can take days to dry if it's cloudy, for it to fully dry it takes about 2 days or 1 super sunny day.

Nice guide but the problem with that is some things can take a long time or a short time to dry, like the resin or paint. But I suppose if people start today it won't be a big deal. Another issue is actually getting all of the supplies. I assembled and paper mache'd my helmet a week and a half ago, but it has taken me up to now to get a visor and the paint (Don't really live in a good place to find this stuff), I found a place to get a visor finally yesterday, but I still need paint. Take looking for stuff into account if you don't live in a big city. Also, people really should have started planning this in late September, not 2 weeks into October if they wanted the full suit :)

Afternoon of the 17th, 18th for 4 hours
Friday the 19th for 6 (till midnight)
15 hours saturday, 9:00 AM - Midnight
12 hours sunday... 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Thats a total of 41 hours of cutting and folding, and you think it still can't be done?...

This schedule is ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday and nights weekdays....

I am making a point here....
There are no breaks, no friends, no girlfriends, no wifes/husbands or...errrr life partners, and no children or pets... skip church if you have to, take off work if it interferes with this schedule when you do this... you eat with your project, you sleep in another room (don't want the fumes to get you)...

I folded one of the mor difficult pieces here, Slyfo's MK VI Helm in under 6 hours, from Cutting to Fully completed... I am pretty sure the large, broad and basically flat pieces would go quicker... and I took my time on the helm to get everything right...

Edit for Battles point...

No kid or grown adult will sit there for 12-15 hours straight through and work on the armor, they will do a half crap job just to get the armor done.

Spase said:
Afternoon of the 17th, 18th for 4 hours
Friday the 19th for 6 (till midnight)
15 hours saturday, 9:00 AM - Midnight
12 hours sunday... 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Thats a total of 41 hours of cutting and folding, and you think it still can't be done?...

This schedule is ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday and nights weekdays....

I am making a point here....
There are no breaks, no friends, no girlfriends, no wifes/husbands or...errrr life partners, and no children or pets... skip church if you have to, take off work if it interferes with this schedule when you do this... you eat with your project, you sleep in another room (don't want the fumes to get you)...

I folded one of the mor difficult pieces here, Slyfo's MK VI Helm in under 6 hours, from Cutting to Fully completed... I am pretty sure the large, broad and basically flat pieces would go quicker... and I took my time on the helm to get everything right...

Edit for Battles point...
Well it's doable but it's a daunting task. You have to be pretty dedicated. I recommend people start with, say, the helmet, that way if you run out of time for whatever reason, you at least have the best and most important piece. Also, I spent about 4 hours folding and gluing mine together, plus another 1 or 2 hours doing the paper mache. That is excluding drying times for the mache of course, that took over night both times.

The thing with this post is Frost to explain that it is a difficult thing to do... I am no way saying this is easy, in fact I doubt most could dedicate themselves to a project of this comlpexity, hence the explination of having no relationships to get in your way... or other obligations... but it you want to try, here is a good way to start without asking us all the same questions over and over again...

Resining isnt something you can just do in 2 days, you need time for it to set, dry, and actually harden, the you need to fiberglassm that takes another day or so, I mean the time it takes the resin each little face of each peice isnt easy, the helmet and other peices need to be resind in small portions, you cant just dump resin over the peice and say it's done, resining will take about a week.

Ok... I am not argueing with you Frost, in fact if you take your time to do things right, you are infact correct...

But, this is a schedule, to get things done... if you can't get them done in this time frame, you wont finish.... thats my point... Not that it IS POSSIBLE, but that if it were... this is how you would have to do it...

EDIT: BTW AoBFrost.... We live in a cynical world. A cynical world. And we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You... complete me

well I have everything cut out and built already. Im getting ready to fiberglass everything today and tomarrow. So far I have been working on the suit for 10 days and this is what I have so far. (more like 9 days since I took a one day break)

TwitchFMX8811 said:
well I have everything cut out and built already. Im getting ready to fiberglass everything today and tomarrow. So far I have been working on the suit for 10 days and this is what I have so far. (more like 9 days since I took a one day break)
That's Looking Good Mate! Keep it up! :)

Me and my friend made 2 pep in 2 days working together, only took like 4 hours each working together, but I was wondering how long will it take to fiber glass one? and I've looked all over the forums.. but am i supposed to use bondo body filler or not? some people say yes and some say just fiberglass.

Ordanja said:
Me and my friend made 2 pep in 2 days working together, only took like 4 hours each working together, but I was wondering how long will it take to fiber glass one? and I've looked all over the forums.. but am i supposed to use bondo body filler or not? some people say yes and some say just fiberglass.

Use the bondo if you want everything to look smooth and uniform. Im not going to because im cutting it close as it is. I think after Halloween im gonna spend alot of time smoothing it out and adding alot of detail for next year. I think I also might redo some pieces.

Ordanja said:
But when you bondo do you cover the whole thing? or just the parts u need it in?

Bondo the parts you want to alter and only the part of each piece that needs it. No need to Bondo parts that you're happy with. If you want to add a curve to just the top of the helmet then just add the Bondo there. Hope that makes sense.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back