Late one last night, making the details for the engine access panels and mounting the cannons.
For the engine, I turned a bit of scrap wood on the lathe, then cut it in half for a mirror image on each side. I used bits of coathangar wire and electrical wire to make the fuel lines, then turned the little upside down filter out of a bit of dowel and glued it all up.
Bits of random wood, tie wire, electrical wire, strips of aluminium sheet, toothpicks and chopped up cable ties - whatever is laying around to get the job done. Superglue made life a little easier too.
Well now, the build is finished! I have a compressor on the way to use with my new Iwata Eclipse airbrush, and the decals are also in the works. I will put them on and weather it using the airbrush, but all the building is DONE!
I ordered some custom decals to be made by Tango papa Decals in the US. They arrived this week and I couldn’t wait to apply them. All applied now, just some weathering with the airbrush to finish it off.
I got bored and installed lighting in the three footer's engines.
The three-footer is a scaled down version, using the same build formers and methods. I used scrap wood and putty from around the workshop, bits of wire, coathangers, cable ties and whatever else suited the job. I only hope the life sized one turns out as good or better. You can see parts of it in the background.
What a fantastic build. Sometimes, the hardest thing for me to remember is to take lots of pictures along the way. Once I get going, I fly through parts of a build and I'm left with a gap in the construction process. Thanks for sharing the video.