Builds By Baz - Armoured Mech Freestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuildsByBaz

Sr Member
In between a thousand other projects, large and small, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with a heap of junk destined for landfill.

Mech has been a bit of an interest never followed up, so it's time to try my hand. There are lots of cool mech references and artists online to take inspiration from, but I really want to come up with my very own shape.

Aside from a very loose stick-figure sketch to begin with, I am essentially making this one up as I go along, very much dependant on the materials at hand.

I still have a lot more tech-looking gear to attach to it before the armour plating goes on, then a paint job with my new airbrush system I got for my birthday.

iIiVhdF.jpg

MOpUpng.jpg

ZQFps4G.jpg

ZSOUaAz.jpg

g6u2bPi.jpg

JrDkFOK.jpg

AiZwyKA.jpg

0W4uFBO.jpg

JFn0LC1.jpg

I'm thinking......there's no way that mish-mosh of parts is going to look Mecha.....WOW!!!! Just w/ one undercoat changes the whole flipping thing. I'm speechless.......It looks like an Imperial AT-ST ..........on steroids no less.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. This has been a completely organic build, which is ironic. Starting with an articulated skeleton sketch, the build has grown all on it's own, completely dependant on material at hand, off the scraps floor or out of the workshop bin.

Added a few fillers and finishing bits here and there, while I have the lathe cleared. Joint hubs installed and member struts capped. Undercoated too. Two intakes built, attached and primed.

gAuywt8.jpg

h53A2gm.jpg

coGhb3k.jpg

JvUltFg.jpg

B3M71g9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back