Bungie Gets Recon Helmet Gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Sid isn't allowed to sell and halo items, but I guess he could give away gifts. I'd say NAS [also] since they have a tendency to make giant sized helmets.
But we could be all wrong.

I'm gonna guess non-405th.
Or maybe someone who done it during the period of time when registration was closed...

The Stig said:
I'm gonna guess non-405th.
Or maybe someone who done it during the period of time when registration was closed...

yah trust me its non 405th there's plenty of crazy armor makers out there that love halo

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess those three dudes can literally haz Recon.

Whoever made those three master peices is one hell of an artist.

If your here oh great Recon man hear my plea, make me a sweetass Recon helmet for me.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

i dont know why... but to me it looks like its too perfect... something keeps pulling me in the vaccume formed or plastic milled area in my mind... but if not then wow.

Perhaps try asking on theRPF, someone on there might recognize the work.
And i do have to say it looks like its been sculpted very well, or possibly CNC'd? definitely not the pep model...

p0rtalman said:
Perhaps try asking on theRPF, someone on there might recognize the work.
And i do have to say it looks like its been sculpted very well, or possibly CNC'd? definitely not the pep model...

It's got to be sculpted. There's no way that that could be CNC'd unless the maker had access to a 5-axis machine, the type that a lot of high end car companies use for their engine block masters. But it was probably sculpted from plasticine, molded, cast, edge sanded, remolded, and then the 3 cast from that (That's how I would've done it). Personally, I feel like anyone who tries to clay sculpt a helmet has balls of solid bronze! I've got dope sculpting skills-

Case in point-
Iguana_gallery_shot.jpg

This was back in High School, The iguana is porcelain and the rest of the clay body is earthenware. The color is airbrushed acrylic.

but I would never try to freehand a helmet, especially since I've been spoiled by CAD and Pep.

Of course, the Recon master could've been done in an SLS machine and then had a gel coat put over it for smoothness. But that would've cost $1000-$2000 at the very least!

I'd like to get get a few better higher quality photos. It looks good from what I can tell, I am wondering about the additional panel lines.... artist interpretation?

Well done anyone who gets recognized by B.Net for anything costuming related. ;)

My big question is, how did they get Bungie's address to send them something?

I have been trying for months to get a hold of Bungie in order to send them a copy of my 30 page thesis on Halo as a Modern Recreation of Classic mythology, but they only list the one generic help desk email on their site, and they are apparently super protective and secretive of their mailing address.

Cadet said:
My big question is, how did they get Bungie's address to send them something?

I have been trying for months to get a hold of Bungie in order to send them a copy of my 30 page thesis on Halo as a Modern Recreation of Classic mythology, but they only list the one generic help desk email on their site, and they are apparently super protective and secretive of their mailing address.

I thought this was the address to Bungie Studios:
434 Kirkland Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033

But I can be wrong, maybe one day I will take a trip up there to verify.

thats going to be one hell of a trip to varify... either way this helmet is almost flawless, but there are small screw-ups that i believe i see. (sorry i always critique)

Adam said:
If I were to guess, I'd say Nightmare Armor did this one. Just a guess.

seems to have some of their creative adjustments they make on trademarked armor.

but the detail is like nothing I've ever seen. My gut reaction says rube.. it seems to have the same type of detailing found in the ODST helm.

that had to be the best helm I've ever seen.

ContractKiller said:
I thought this was the address to Bungie Studios:
434 Kirkland Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033

But I can be wrong, maybe one day I will take a trip up there to verify.

That's about 30 minutes away from me...

Why didn't I know this before?

There's the first one but there's this one too:

1935 S Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60608

Get Directions

(312) 563-6200

Listed as Bungie Software Products Corporation.

BFDesigns said:
There's the first one but there's this one too:

1935 S Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60608

Get Directions

(312) 563-6200

Listed as Bungie Software Products Corporation.

thats about 15 minutes form my house. That address, unless i'm mistaken, is from their old days when they first started up. right up until their initial dealings with microsoft over halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back