burned finger, recommendation for relieving it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reccomend Elmer's wood glue, that stuff sticks phenominally to cardstock (cardstock=paper=wood, so cardstock=wood!) it doesnt burn, and is relatively easy to clean off, just rub your fingers together then wash them...nice disclaimer arioch :D

Besides, its like playing the guitar. You'll suck at first and it hurts like a mother. After some practice you'll have so much callus on your fingertips that you could rest the gun on it and not have it bother you (Ok, a little hyperbole there, but not much)

I've tried elmers and super-glue, I've yet to find anything as good as the hot-glue gun method. But hey, that's me. Try them all and you'll find what works best for you

i use a low temperature hot glue gun but i also play guitar and have for years so i have alot of calluses on my fingers. But when i burned my face making ramen (if anyone wants to know the story pm me but its not really interesting) the doctor just had me put neosporin on then burns and i only had to wear bandages for the first day. but those were 2nd and 1st degree.

i use a low temperature hot glue gun but i also play guitar and have for years so i have alot of calluses on my fingers. But when i burned my face making ramen (if anyone wants to know the story pm me but its not really interesting) the doctor just had me put neosporin on then burns and i only had to wear bandages for the first day. but those were 2nd and 1st degree.

1st and 2nd degree burns from ramen? Oh the torture, must have been worth it tho haha, just kidding :p

i know most of you already know not to do this but if you ask someone to get you glue sticks the next time they go out, make sure you specify what diameter. i asked my mom to get me some and she came back with the smaller kind, so they wouldnt work in the big glue gun. here's where it gets fun and pretty dee dee deeish. i needed the glue that day so i kind of, you know......used a lighter to melt the glue. yeah, not my best idea. it worked fine until i stopped paying attention and held the flame too close for too long. it turned the glue black and a drop of it the size of my little finger nail hit the top of my index finger.............i flew that day..........straight to the sink.

it hurt so bad that i just ripped it off along with quite alot of skin. it left a 2mm crater in the top of my finger T_T . and whats worse is that because im diabetic, i heal slower than the average joe so yeah not a very fun two weeks.

Just peel it off and be done with it... Youll peel of some skin more than likely, but if you do it carefully u should get a clean peel! I do this like every 10 mins (a bit of an exageration) with my hot glue gun (intentionally) to rub off the hot glue in areas where I dont want it... After you do this just wash your hands with soap and water, put some poroxide on it (dont know how to spell poroxide) and then just put a bandade on it! It only stings for a few seconds, youll be fine! =P

pretty much what's been said, I won't repeat it all, but did make me remember being younger and dumber. Back in my freshman year of school I remember being in art class and me , being me and not thinking about this decided to lay a nice dollop of hot clue out and stick my thumb in it. yeah that was a good idea for about oh, 3 seconds. You can't get that off fast enough and boy did it blister. Never dawned on me at the time that it was a high end (read HOT) high temp setup, I used to always mess around with the low temp mini cheapo guns ( hot glued my entire hand once, and again, seemed like a good idea at the time) so I really didn't think about it before I did it. sadly this was well before youtube (though not before the internet, but a 14.4k modem was fast back then) and I see it as a lost opertunity.

I gotta get a pic of the arkane glue gun my wife used to use, high tem full size an no trigger, never had one, you had to push the sticks through with you thumb, and heaven help you if you got a high flow when loading another stick, high speed glue across your nuckles is not a good time.

i have gotten bubbling hot glue on my fingers, i usually wave my hand around very strongly and fast, then i peel the glue off, when it is still soft, i have gotten many fingerprints that way =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back