Buying Armor - Details Below

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleProtocol

So I am a young 16 year old who is looking into making Halo Shorts, Weather it be comedy/ or Dramatic Videos. I'm in need of some ODST Armor, UNSC Trooper Armor, Spartan III Armor, and a Spartan II Master Chief armor set.

ODST Armor - Basic ODST Armor [Working Flash Lights/ ODST Backpack]
MK VI Armor - Halo 3 Master Chief Armor - No Decal on it, no numbers, just White, with Red Shoulders and a Red Stripe across the chest - Example - http://tinyurl.com/RedStripeExample
Spartan III Armor - Halo Reach Armor with UNSC Decal on it, Colors would be sort of a Darkish Blue color with Jet Black shoulders, and Left Shoulder will be Kat's shoulder and Right shoulder will be Jorge's shoulder, Helmet will be Halo 3 Recon Helmet with Carters Radio Module attached to it, Chest will be Halo 3 Recon Chest fitted to the Halo Reach Default Chest so it don't look stupid.

Weapons: Halo 3 Assault Rifle, Halo 3 Pistol, Halo 3 ODST Pistol, Halo 3 ODST SMG, Halo Reach Shotgun, Halo 3 Battle Rifle, Halo 3 Sniper Rifle.

If the weapon has a Flash light make sure it works, if it has a bolt action capability make sure it works, and make sure the ammo clip is removable.

Size Does matter I realize that, now I'm not sure on my exact height so I will find out and update this Thread, :D even if you guys can help me out by giving me a good tutorial on how to build halo armor the best/cheapest way let me know, even if its in the $100 to $300 scale please tell me, I need to know.

There are stickies located in the noob section.

Read them and it will answer most if not all the questions you may have about building the armor.

Even if this site did sell armour, I doubt a 16 year old would have the funds to buy everything you just listed.

Even if this site did sell armour, I doubt a 16 year old would have the funds to buy everything you just listed.

I happen to get paid from Machinima. And if this film got on there I'd get paid, so dont be a smart ass and basically say 16 Year Olds can't make much money. >.>

I happen to get paid from Machinima. And if this film got on there I'd get paid, so dont be a smart ass and basically say 16 Year Olds can't make much money. >.>

Whoa whoa whoa calm down, no need to get testy, we're all buds here -usually-

I think what he's trying to say is that some people sell helmets alone for upwards of 150$, now Im using the euro currency so Im not going to go into economics about it, but shipping alone would be massive, if you want people to custom build -heavy- and -big- armours for you its gonna cost over a grand I'd say -skimming through the list yo're making several armours and it all adds up-

If you go on ebay there are some -not as cool as 405th peeps- armours up there going for over a thousand dollars, there isnt a snowballs chance in hell you'll buy armour (plural armoussss) for 300$

I dont know about machinima but I doubt they'd fork out wads and wads of cash for several thousand dollars worth of armour.

Building good armour is a lengthy and expensive process, and if youre building all that armour yourself it could take YEARS! unless you work super fast but thats a lotta parts and ifyoure 16 youre bound to be in school with homework and exams and stuff, it will also most likely cost over 300$ since there are so many parts and materials, undersuits can be expensive too etc.

If you have endless funds to spend then it wont be a problem, 300$ might cover the shipping, but you wont get all that armour for that, and for thinking that, I deem you the N00biest dude in this thread.

I cant help but lol that you think you can get all that for 300$ ... oh to be young and foolish, I wish I saw the world like that again but I'm nearly 19 :/ reality sucks

Wow ... 700$ for one gun ... if I knew I could charge that kinda cash for armour I wouldnt bother making my own suit I'd build weapons and sell them!!! >.< but its a labour of love :3

Props for the good fine though P Bro

Wow ... 700$ for one gun ... if I knew I could charge that kinda cash for armour I wouldnt bother making my own suit I'd build weapons and sell them!!! >.< but its a labour of love :3

Props for the good fine though P Bro

You do make a solid point. I've recently received some good payments and am willing to put in the labor for some armor, but any tips would be great!! :D

Yeah, sorry for snapping at ya bro, I had a very bad day, anyway back to business, any good tutorials for a nooblit like me to make some decent armor?

Your best bet would be to look at the all in one guide here. Then read through some WIPs on the sites. A large portion of the knowledge you will learn will be through there. Afterwards, you can start your own WIP with your build in it. Hope this helps, and happy building.

What TJx said, there is a lot of knowledge in that tutorial and also the stickies and some youtube vids, i probably was reading up on everything for 3-4 weeks before i even
attempted to start my own project.

So I am a young 16 year old who is looking into making Halo Shorts, Weather it be comedy/ or Dramatic Videos. I'm in need of some ODST Armor, UNSC Trooper Armor, Spartan III Armor, and a Spartan II Master Chief armor set.

ODST Armor - Basic ODST Armor [Working Flash Lights/ ODST Backpack]
MK VI Armor - Halo 3 Master Chief Armor - No Decal on it, no numbers, just White, with Red Shoulders and a Red Stripe across the chest - Example - http://tinyurl.com/RedStripeExample
Spartan III Armor - Halo Reach Armor with UNSC Decal on it, Colors would be sort of a Darkish Blue color with Jet Black shoulders, and Left Shoulder will be Kat's shoulder and Right shoulder will be Jorge's shoulder, Helmet will be Halo 3 Recon Helmet with Carters Radio Module attached to it, Chest will be Halo 3 Recon Chest fitted to the Halo Reach Default Chest so it don't look stupid.

Weapons: Halo 3 Assault Rifle, Halo 3 Pistol, Halo 3 ODST Pistol, Halo 3 ODST SMG, Halo Reach Shotgun, Halo 3 Battle Rifle, Halo 3 Sniper Rifle.

If the weapon has a Flash light make sure it works, if it has a bolt action capability make sure it works, and make sure the ammo clip is removable.

Size Does matter I realize that, now I'm not sure on my exact height so I will find out and update this Thread, :D even if you guys can help me out by giving me a good tutorial on how to build halo armor the best/cheapest way let me know, even if its in the $100 to $300 scale please tell me, I need to know.

Unless your Machinima or whatever thats called happens to pay a few thousand dollars for all that stuff you just listed I would get to pepping if I were you!

Forgive my ignorance.. and this isn't meant as anything but a genuine question..

But doesn't Machinima.com only accept things filmed ingame? Or have I completely misunderstood the term "Machinima" to mean "3D rendered filming?"

In response to the actual topic, I doubt you'll be able to gather those resources on the budget I suspect you have in mind. Although i don't have any experience in selling Suits of armor, I've had fair experience in costuming in general, and it's in no way a cheap thing to do. I've seen a good quality weapon prop go for hundreds. Especially ones tat are custom made. So the cost of several suits will reach into thousands. Basically, get the cardstock out and make your own! plenty of tutorials to be found!

Forgive my ignorance.. and this isn't meant as anything but a genuine question..

But doesn't Machinima.com only accept things filmed ingame? Or have I completely misunderstood the term "Machinima" to mean "3D rendered filming?"

I assume that was the original intention of Machinima.com but like MTV in the US they've strayed from their roots. They now broadcast pretty much anything gaming related: game trailers, gaming skits, gaming advertising and live action stuff. Hell probably the only real machinima the have left there is Arby n the Chief and that's only half machinima at best.

yeah, machinima pays you a lot less than what you would think, with a couple thousand views, you get like 10$ a month, so its not that much.

if your looking to put things together quickly you'll probably want to work with foam, things go together quicker and you can have a decent camera ready suit put together for a couple hundered dollars and lots of elbow grease. Check out DaFrontlinetroopers facebook and you tube pages for some good instructionals, and tactonyx studios sells some nice weapons, $300 might get you one BR from him. Good luck with your projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back