405th Dinner

• Total voters

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Description: Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is one of the Midwest's fastest-growing comic, pop-culture, and cosplay centric "Comic-Con"'s of the region. Celebrities, artists, voice actors and the like are all invited each year to the McCormick Place Center in Chicago each year to celebrate all things pop culture, and to give their fans what they want; a place to geek out over all their favorite media

Date: March 31st through April 2nd, 2023. (Condensed: 03/31/2023 - 04/02/2023)

Location: McCormick Place Center South Building, Chicago IL. (Google Maps link here.)

Event Website:

C2E2

We are currently ironing out details for this convention as of earlier this year. We would like any and all help from members for securing intel as follows:
  • Photographers and/or interested photographers willing to work with Regiment Staff on photoshoots.
  • Members planning to attend who may need room accommodation assistance and/or roommates.
As a member who has frequented this convention successfully since it's early days I will now provide additional details/information to be taken with a grain of salt due to it being opinion, and in no way to be taken as fact or 100% accurate information.

1. Out of the few years, I have gone, for anyone who plans on driving each day or keeping their car in any location, I highly suggest bypassing Lot A and Lot B and going straight for Lot C. Not only has it proven to always have space, it is also always the last lot the con will attempt filling. Saturday it is always suggested to embark on the journey to the con early for Saturday because of how fast these lots fill up. As well as that, the walk to and from Lot C yield wonderful areas for photo shoots, whether they be indoor or outdoor. Inclement weather this year, in particular, must be factored in due to how early the convention will be.

2. Plan for heavy security routines each day of the conventions. Make sure your weapons are properly tagged before the convention to expedite the trip through the metal detectors and with staff as each day passes by. You will have to pass through them every time you leave the con's main area so make those trips in and out counts.

3. This convention varies in how strict they are on how present your pass must be while on the show floor. I suggest integrating your lanyard/pass into your suits for ease of access and easy to hide for photos. ( One of our members has a perfect example of this by his magnetics on his suit concealing the lanyard and he is able to remove the plate with ease in checkpoints)

4. The Hyatt hotel is directly connected to the convention center and makes for a large hub of pre and post con day activities. As well as that, it has a few bars and a restaurant connected to it. It makes for a great space as well to plan out daily activities with friends and other members. Unfortunately, you have to go through security to go from the Lot C approach entrance to the hotel and vice versa each time. Goes back to the saying, Make your trips count. Carrying quick repair kits with a handler or on your suit is suggested for this con in particular. You can also bypass walking the long haul through the con center by walking out the Hyatt and around to the Hilton, which is a measly 7 minute walk.

5. The green line runs through and to McCormick Place. While this info will not help everyone it is good to note.
Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance)
  • Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Marriott Marquis Chicago (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Hilton Garden Inn (West McCormick) (HERE)
  • The Wheeler Mansion (HERE)
  • Chicago South Loop Hotel (HERE)
Final Thoughts:

2022 saw us make a huge splash at C2E2, even going as far as being used for promotional are for 2023! While again I may not be able to guarantee any booth information at the moment I am regularly making an effort to reach out to the venue to make something happen. In the meantime; I will note that out of all the hotels, Hilton was the roughest experience. Avoid their valets at all cost as they even laughed at our crew as something fell in our luggage and broke. That and don't lose key cards. Make a pocket in your suit, somewhere special to keep them (I am experimenting with using a thing hand plate to press to the door for mine)
There is also talks of efforts to get the same floor block if possible for rooms so less forgetting who is up and who is down.

C2E2 Health and Safety Protocols

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- Spidermonkey60 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Soloakel (Saturday)
- Tesla
- CrimsonViper97
- moderndaymarc
- tyler2127
- nerdman234
- luv2flyjrn
- Spartan 0hFiveTwo (handle unknown)
- Wayward Flood (Handler)

Tentative Responses/Past Attendees:

- smelms
- Harri51
- OtherODSTBuck
- iac300
- marinesniper
- TinyTim
- Sierra Charlie
- Rosebud
- ColFork85
- CoS Spartan058
- MrJamin
- Off Earth
- scorch
- KGSupreme
- Lieutenant Jaku
- Benton188
- Emp Frosty +1
- Fallen
- UltimateTM
- RandomRanger
- Purplehazey
- SoleofDeath
- SSGLordBert
- SSGLordErne
- TwoOneSix
- Lord Elmo
- SGT Razor
- SpartanSweed

Hotel Reservations: Unavailable through C2E2 until the date is closer.

Badge Purchase: HERE

Dinner Plans:

This year, we managed to try a couple of local areas and found some ones we really liked, as well as looked into some other options. Since we seemed to have leaned into a potluck style dinner at the original photoshoot site I will list some potential options as well for catering. Expect a survey to go up for the following options:

- Whiskey and Ribs
- Haidilao Hot Pot Chicago
- Papa Johns (Catering)
- Al's Italian Beef (Catering)
- Fat Pour

Dinner, once decided upon, will be held at 8pm CST with either reservations made beforehand, or food for catering ordered at most an hour to 24 hours prior if possible.

Photoshoot:
The photoshoot will be on Saturday, April 1st, 2023
Time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Approx.
Indoor Shoot: McCormick West Building near the Hilton Garden Skywalk.

NOTE: This is pending review. As we had been removed from this space in 2022. I will going forward communicate with center staff to organize this spot for our use. This also means we may book the spot for longer than listed as set up crew is expected on site no later than 9:30 AM CST.

Photographer Information:

Andrew Garcia, @garciaeffects via Instagram. Staff will have access to his direct line and he will have a generalized line up for group shots. Each member is allotted TWO singles of whatever poses they would like to do as this will take up time but we want to value every members hard work at the same time.

To review, feel free to check out what we use as our standard group photo prompts:

I will provide a backdrop, standing banner, 405th Flag, and the outstanding flags created by Asgardianhammer regardless of my appearance at this event.

87666105_211168106937460_6170343226537410560_n-jpg.jpg
87877130_172869257501865_4543091052793298944_n-jpg.jpg
968638_10222124257878035_1844772484667146240_n-jpg.jpg
001614_10222124257758032_7598360633448333312_n-jpg.jpg

Photos of the shooting site, and directions provided.

The easiest access to this location is to travel to the entrance to the Hyatt Hotel in the south building, and head up the set of escalators as shown. You will then cross the skywalk and end up next to a Starbucks. Continue walking forward till you are near escalators again, and then turn right. It is a straight shot afterward and you should see a Win trust sign and a large number of windows

Another way from the Hyatt is to exit out of their lobby, and take the 7 minute walk to the Hilton. Take the Hilton Garden Inn elevator to floor 3 (You do not need a key for this floor) and you can then walk to the skywalk from there.

I will need new location plans scouted prior to this years as our contingency the prior year while successful was quite bumpy in practice. If any Illinois/Chicago residents are able and willing to do so it would be immensely appreciated.

Pardon our dust, as we sort this out.

Last edited:
Description: Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is one of the Midwest's fastest-growing comic, pop-culture, and cosplay centric "Comic-Con"'s of the region. Celebrities, artists, voice actors and the like are all invited each year to the McCormick Place Center in Chicago each year to celebrate all things pop culture, and to give their fans what they want; a place to geek out over all their favorite media

Location: McCormick Place Center South Building, Chicago IL. (Google Maps link here.)

Event Website:

C2E2

We are currently ironing out details for this convention as of earlier this year. We would like any and all help from members for securing intel as follows:
  • Photographers and/or interested photographers willing to work with Regiment Staff on photoshoots.
  • Members planning to attend who may need room accommodation assistance and/or roommates.
As a member who has frequented this convention successfully since it's early days I will now provide additional details/information to be taken with a grain of salt due to it being opinion, and in no way to be taken as fact or 100% accurate information.

1. Out of the few years, I have gone, for anyone who plans on driving each day or keeping their car in any location, I highly suggest bypassing Lot A and Lot B and going straight for Lot C. Not only has it proven to always have space, it is also always the last lot the con will attempt filling. Saturday it is always suggested to embark on the journey to the con early for Saturday because of how fast these lots fill up. As well as that, the walk to and from Lot C yield wonderful areas for photo shoots, whether they be indoor or outdoor. Inclement weather this year, in particular, must be factored in due to how early the convention will be.

2. Plan for heavy security routines each day of the conventions. Make sure your weapons are properly tagged before the convention to expedite the trip through the metal detectors and with staff as each day passes by. You will have to pass through them every time you leave the con's main area so make those trips in and out counts.

3. This convention varies in how strict they are on how present your pass must be while on the show floor. I suggest integrating your lanyard/pass into your suits for ease of access and easy to hide for photos. ( One of our members has a perfect example of this by his magnetics on his suit concealing the lanyard and he is able to remove the plate with ease in checkpoints)

4. The Hyatt hotel is directly connected to the convention center and makes for a large hub of pre and post con day activities. As well as that, it has a few bars and a restaurant connected to it. It makes for a great space as well to plan out daily activities with friends and other members. Unfortunately, you have to go through security to go from the Lot C approach entrance to the hotel and vice versa each time. Goes back to the saying, Make your trips count. Carrying quick repair kits with a handler or on your suit is suggested for this con in particular. You can also bypass walking the long haul through the con center by walking out the Hyatt and around to the Hilton, which is a measly 7 minute walk.

5. The green line runs through and to McCormick Place. While this info will not help everyone it is good to note.
Final Thoughts:

2022 saw us make a huge splash at C2E2, even going as far as being used for promotional are for 2023! While again I may not be able to guarantee any booth information at the moment I am regularly making an effort to reach out to the venue to make something happen. In the meantime; I will note that out of all the hotels, Hilton was the roughest experience. Avoid their valets at all cost as they even laughed at our crew as something fell in our luggage and broke. That and don't lose key cards. Make a pocket in your suit, somewhere special to keep them (I am experimenting with using a thing hand plate to press to the door for mine)
There is also talks of efforts to get the same floor block if possible for rooms so less forgetting who is up and who is down.

- Spidermonkey60

- smelms
- Harri51
- OtherODSTBuck
- iac300
- marinesniper
- TinyTim
- Sierra Charlie
- SGT Razor
- Rosebud
- ColFork85
- CoS Spartan058
- NobleofDeath16
- Spidermonkey60
- Tesla
- CrimsonViper97
- MrJamin
- Wayward Flood
- Off Earth
- scorch
- KGSupreme
- Lieutenant Jaku
- Benton188
- moderndaymarc +1
- Emp Frosty +1
- Fallen
- UltimateTM
- RandomRanger
- Purplehazey
- SoleofDeath
- SSGLordBert
- SSGLordErne
- TwoOneSix
- BobRossIsMaDad
- nerdman234
- tyler2127
- Lord Elmo
- SGT Razor

Dinner Plans:

This year, we managed to try a couple of local areas and found some ones we really liked, as well as looked into some other options. Since we seemed to have leaned into a potluck style dinner at the original photoshoot site I will list some potential options as well for catering. Expect a survey to go up for the following options:

- Whiskey and Ribs
- Papa Johns (Catering)
- Fat Pour

Dinner, once decided upon, will be held at 8pm CST with either reservations made beforehand, or food for catering ordered at most an hour to 24 hours prior if possible.

Photoshoot:

NOTE: This is pending review. As we had been removed from this space in 2022. I will going forward communicate with center staff to organize this spot for our use. This also means we may book the spot for longer than listed as set up crew is expected on site no later than 9:30 AM CST.

Andrew Garcia, @garciaeffects via Instagram. Staff will have access to his direct line and he will have a generalized line up for group shots. Each member is allotted TWO singles of whatever poses they would like to do as this will take up time but we want to value every members hard work at the same time.

To review, feel free to check out what we use as our standard group photo prompts:

I will provide a backdrop, standing banner, 405th Flag, and the outstanding flags created by Asgardianhammer regardless of my appearance at this event.

View attachment 321604View attachment 321605View attachment 321606View attachment 321607

The easiest access to this location is to travel to the entrance to the Hyatt Hotel in the south building, and head up the set of escalators as shown. You will then cross the skywalk and end up next to a Starbucks. Continue walking forward till you are near escalators again, and then turn right. It is a straight shot afterward and you should see a Win trust sign and a large number of windows

Another way from the Hyatt is to exit out of their lobby, and take the 7 minute walk to the Hilton. Take the Hilton Garden Inn elevator to floor 3 (You do not need a key for this floor) and you can then walk to the skywalk from there.

I will need new location plans scouted prior to this years as our contingency the prior year while successful was quite bumpy in practice. If any Illinois/Chicago residents are able and willing to do so it would be immensely appreciated.

Sorry for not attending last year but this year come hell or high water I'm going in

Event Website:

C2E2

Final Thoughts:

- Spidermonkey60

- smelms
- Harri51
- OtherODSTBuck
- iac300
- marinesniper
- TinyTim
- Sierra Charlie
- SGT Razor
- Rosebud
- ColFork85
- CoS Spartan058
- NobleofDeath16
- Spidermonkey60
- Tesla
- CrimsonViper97
- MrJamin
- Wayward Flood
- Off Earth
- scorch
- KGSupreme
- Lieutenant Jaku
- Benton188
- moderndaymarc +1
- Emp Frosty +1
- Fallen
- UltimateTM
- RandomRanger
- Purplehazey
- SoleofDeath
- SSGLordBert
- SSGLordErne
- TwoOneSix
- BobRossIsMaDad
- nerdman234
- tyler2127
- Lord Elmo
- SGT Razor

Dinner Plans:

- Whiskey and Ribs
- Papa Johns (Catering)
- Fat Pour

Photoshoot:

View attachment 321604View attachment 321605View attachment 321606View attachment 321607

I am with harri. I appreciate the time for planning!

I'll be there.
It looks like the hotels are available now. I was going to jump on a Hyatt double unless we're trying to get most people in the same hotel.

Hey Man, so I seemed to see that you have a Mk 7 MP foam armor set, I was wondering, where’d you find the templates? Cause I’ve been searching and haven’t been able to find any for sale.

.pdo found here for the base armor.

Due to scheduling at work I am unable to attend the entire weekend. May only do Saturday night if someone has space for me to crash/ party and then Sunday on the con floor

First post and new member

Saw you guys at 2022 C2E2 so thought I would try a halo themed flood outfit. I will try and find you guys for the photoshoot (either to participate or to get just cell phone photos with you).

Is the attendee list getting updated? I do "gifts" or by "buy" pictures from cosplayers. For halo this year I have some ODST dog tags printed just want to make sure I have enough for the crew. unpainted tag below
16774365613093124461768404564381.jpg

This thread is more than 12 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back