Cadet's Mark V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I wasn't happy at all with how the photos turned out yesterday, so I retook some today, a little better. I'm not happy with my camera, it kind of sucks, and has a bad habit of blurring out the top and bottom of the camera.

DSCN1357.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

Spartan_013 said:
i was just wondering wat did u use foe ur visor?

Motorcycle visor, came pre-tinted gold. Mine was either from Harley Davidson store or the Honda shop. I don't remember becuase I actually bought it like 3 years ago when I was first thinking about doing a Halo costume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bald Cactus said:
were did you get the pistol?

My brother made it. He carved it out of foam, made a urethane mold, and then made me a cast in resin.

Pistol looks like and M6D... but no trigger/hand gaurd... whats the story there?

Oh and if you can't get your armor to Chiefer, you can send it to me for prompt recycling into coasters... not bad lol

Spase said:
Pistol looks like and M6D... but no trigger/hand gaurd... whats the story there?

It's the M6D pistol, and the original sculpt and mold do have the trigger and hand guard. Unfortunately this was made for me by my brother like 2 years ago, and I misplaced the hand guard/trigger along the way.

Here are some more pics of the pistol. All credit to my brother, the Industrial Designer. He sculpted it, molded it and cast it. I just did the quick and dirty crappy paint job on it to have it done for Halo-ween. It'll get a better and accurate paint job once I have time to actually sit down and do all the improvements I already have planned for my armor. In the pics you can actually see the attachment point for the hand guard, like I said, I just lost mine.

If there's one ting I've learned in my 5 years of costuming, it's that nothing is ever done, it can always be upgraded.
Oh, that and there are no mistakes, only weathering.

DSCN1358.jpg

DSCN1361.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

Pics from my first test fitting of (most) of my armor. Thigh armor assembly will hopefully be all rigged up tomorrow. Still need to do some tweaking to the shoulders to get them to stay in place better. And I once again apologize for my sucky camera.

DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1365sat.jpg

DSCN1366.jpg

And with apologies to Luke Mckay ( http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Cade...asterchief2.jpg )
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Cade...DSCN1364sat.jpg

"deep in the heart of autumn
were silent spaces for fifty
of the ones that need no name

from this celestial bough
all but one did fall into
the pitiless fires of reach

a soldier's ignominy
to have dreamt while brothers bled

but oh, for the rest of us
his shame was our salvation"
DSCN1371.jpg

I hate my camera, expect better pics this weekend, after I've installed my LEDs in the bucket, and padded the shoulders and chest, and I've fixed the ab plat's tendency to lean out there at the top.

DSCN1377.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1381.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back