Calgary Expo 2023 Booth Planning

I have a couple of questions about the stations and how you want them made.

First the bases, I was thinking hex shape would be good for this use. Do we want to put some kind of decal on the bases? Or just painted grey? For the 501st (sorry to keep bringing them up) we put an imperial cog on the base.

Second the grenades, are they going to be shipped to Edmonton so that we can attach them before expo or will we have to do it on site?
I'm Edmonton based so we can just make a hand off.
I'm commuting the hour out to Tom to make the walls as I don't have tools/expertise myself. For the bases I'm fine with gray, ideally we can do a design on them. Halo Infinite actually has hexagon shaped pillars with a forerunner black on black type design on top. The pillars are a blue black/gloss black with forerunner style linework on them. We can try to emulate this type of pattern if that works for you?

resize

halo-infinite-skull-location-fog-3.jpg

To all the folks here, please be ready with build updates this coming weekend. Even if you haven't started building and have attained some materials or have a plan laid out. No news is also good enough for me on the build front.

I'm trying to coordinate with Tom still and get more time on the backdrop. I'll be heading out to Sebarms next week to check for camo netting.
I'll be ordering this banner this week.

Crowsnest.png

Eta for it will be the beginning of April. Price is approx. $480 if anyone wants to chip. Size is 8 feet by 8 feet so as not to over crowd the booth.

FANGS for the badge count all the volunteers are locked in as far as I'm concerned. Rico/Skoopa is the only person sitting it out for the booth. All the other folks, including VonSnake and Elyairis are good to go. Anyone not signed up will have to group up next time, there's always another Expo.

Ended up having only a couple hours to work on this today but I got some progress made on the turtle rack

Attachments

• 20230325_192734.jpg
    20230325_192734.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 20230325_192741.jpg
    20230325_192741.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 94
  • 20230325_192748.jpg
    20230325_192748.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 79
Hello all! We're now confirmed (although deets on location etc. still to come). I'm told that Community Space is tight this year so we're being offered a 10 x 20 space. I hope being this close to the show, that won't change, but should it, it would be to get bigger, not smaller. I'll post more information as I get it.

As for the Parade - here's the registration link Viper 466 . Please do that asap as I'm not sure if there is a cap or not. And yes, you will register everyone as a group.

Parade of Wonders Registration

I will be picking up the supplies for the 10 stantions this weekend. Hoping the weather is good enough next weekend to get them cut and painted up. I will make them so the base is removable for easy storage and transport.

Just confirming will 10 be enough or should I make more?

Viper466 have you made the toppers yet?

I understand that the 501st also has a much smaller space this year so I suspect that the community area in general is smaller than normal. This could be because they've reduced the size of the whole con or because they have increased the size of some other area. Regardless, we have a space and I'm thankful for it.

I understand that the 501st also has a much smaller space this year so I suspect that the community area in general is smaller than normal. This could be because they've reduced the size of the whole con or because they have increased the size of some other area. Regardless, we have a space and I'm thankful for it.
The bmo is under construction and heard the big 4 was demolished. So it’ll all be crammed into the bmo halls probably.

The bmo is under construction and heard the big 4 was demolished. So it’ll all be crammed into the bmo halls probably.
Of course! They had to fit Artist Alley then in to the main area. I totally forgot about that. Thanks!

I will be picking up the supplies for the 10 stantions this weekend. Hoping the weather is good enough next weekend to get them cut and painted up. I will make them so the base is removable for easy storage and transport.

Just confirming will 10 be enough or should I make more?

Viper466 have you made the toppers yet?
10 Stanchions should be good. Grenades are in hand care of Tom. If you’re free this week I can link up.

Picked up the walls. Am forging ahead solo due to Toms work sending him out of town so frequently. Cost of a uhaul to move it was a lot but so far supplies in hand and walls underway again.

Will regiser for the POW asap.

Of course! They had to fit Artist Alley then in to the main area. I totally forgot about that. Thanks!
What time are we able to begin moving in? Phil and I are coming down Wednesday night with the trailer and will need to offload so we can ferry other items to the expo grounds.

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back