Calgary Expo - LIMITED EVENT 2021 (Canadian Regiment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedStarbon

RCO
Member DIN
S009
Where:
Calgary Expo
BMO Center
20 Roundup Way SE
Calgary, AB T2G 2W1

When:
September 10-12, 2021
Fri: 4:00PM - 9:00PM (2:00PM start for VIP)
Sat: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
Sun: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

Tickets: Limited tickets available through event website

The Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo (AKA: CALGARY EXPO) is a four-day pop-culture convention held annually each spring in Calgary, Alberta at Stampede Park. Attendees can shop hundreds of vendors and exhibitors, check out panels and workshops, meet their favourite stars and creators, and celebrate what makes them geeky with thousands of other fans in cosplay. There is something for every fan at Calgary Expo.

405th Attendance:

There's current talk of applying for a booth if interest is there.

Comment below if you plan to attend & what days you'd be available (& willing) to help with a small exhibit if application does goes forward.
If not, there's nothing wrong with having meetups as a group for some good old Canadian fun instead.

Health & Safety:

- Please follow event general guidelines and remember to stay home if you're feeling unwell.
-Props: use discretion when allowing others to hold your creations where sanitization wipes are inaccessible or could do damage to props after multiple uses. (Paint erosion, etc...)

More to follow soon.
As always, air questions/concerns below or DM me.

Attendees:

iac300
CdnameArkangel

MAYBE:
BlazedStarbon
Viper 466
James

Last edited:
For myself, my attendance would be tentative until we know that interprovincial travel does not change and continues to remain open between provinces without the need to isolate upon arrival.

If Canada suddenly changes travel requirements, understand that I will have to back out, but so far so good as per recent guidelines on travel.gc.ca

If interest for a booth is present, I have no problem running it for the majority of the weekend (I'll be bringing Cortana either way if this goes forward.)

Apparently, my reply didn't post from my phone....ahha
I was thinking about going for the Saturday, but if there's a booth that needs people I'd totally go every day.

I’ll be going. My suit won’t be 100% done (missing helmet) but it should be wearable. I’ll be there all 3 days

They don't seem to post here that often but I can confirm that SpartanProps (Jess) and Bryan will be going on the Saturday.

What's the word on a booth? I'm planning what tickets I should buy and will go for the 3 days if there's a booth that needs attending. Otherwise, probably just the Saturday as well.

As far as I know, James there's no booth yet. It looks like there won't be unless the local Albertans would like to organize one. If plans hadn't changed for me this week, I would've personally jumped on it but my attendance is a no-go now.

As far as I know, James there's no booth yet. It looks like there won't be unless the local Albertans would like to organize one. If plans hadn't changed for me this week, I would've personally jumped on it but my attendance is a no-go now.
Aw boo. On both counts.

Lots of folks can't make it, myself included it seems. I'll be at Edmonton Expo but as a cosplay contest judge so my capacity to troop will be limited there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back