CALGARY EXPO 2024 SIGN UP

Viper 466

BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S026
Welcome folks it's that time again. We are prepping for an active drop.

I've listened to all the feedback and I know things have been tough in the past little while so I'm trying to optimize this deal. Ideally the way this runs is we try to rotate through our numbers to have at least 2 people, no more than 4 in booth at a time in gear. Suit up, run 2 hours in suit, kit down and staff, then spend the rest of your time free until your next shift.

If you need a break during your shift or need to walk and stretch your legs we can also do this but need at least 1 person in kit to remain and anyone leaving to take a walk please return promptly.

The hard part of being the 405 is we are a cosplay centric booth first and foremost and not having folks in kit is less than ideal. I've applied for the same amount of passes as last year, that being 20. This may mean extra passes to allow extra folks to attend and assist with photos or as handlers. I have also been reaching out to others in the area hoping to gather more costumed folks for Calgary. If you know anyone interested in building or staffing to allow others to extend their time in costume voluntarily please don't hesitate to chat with them. If you have any handles please remind them to wear only Halo, 405, or plain/cosplay adjacent clothes. No other brands/franchises.

That said, if you feel comfortable and want to extend your time at the booth in kit please also don't hesitate to do so.

We don't have confirmation at this time of our application being accepted but I did apply for the 20x20 booth size, just like Gamecon last June.

I'd like to keep the meetings up for the mornings during the con just to go over all the schedules and times and any announcements we may get. This will also allow us to pivot any schedules to allow for panels or other events to be covered.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to seein everyone again at the end of April.

I don't know if I did it right but I just put name in thingys and let me know if I did wrong lol either way am very excited!
You got it. As long as you know you're double-shifting yourself every single day there... So technically that's 5 hours straight with no break. Half costumed half not.
Of course, we can try and find times for you to run off and get food etc. but at the moment we're looking pretty light staff wise so things might be tighter than last year.

It looks solid to me. We've are seemingly running with a few less folks than is optimal so any extra time would be appreciated. We can also adjust shifts and things as needed.

Okay everyone, I've added a section at the bottom of the signup sheet to add your name confirming you will be working the booth in some capacity at some point over the event. This way if you don't know what shifts you can/want to work yet, we can at least get a headcount of who will be there.
Please add your name to this if you have signed up already or not! We don't want to miss anyone

VonSnake and I don't have anything else explicitly scheduled this time so we're pretty flexible for additional coverage outside of what I've marked down for us on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We just can't help Thursday by the time we drive in (10 hour drive lol)

And I've marked most of mine as being either in kit or without, as I can go either way depending on other coverage.

If I don't get my Palmer done in time I'll just be rolling Cortana again, and I can change in and out of her pretty quickly. Or I can take pictures while dressed too and not be in the picture if need be.

So just let us know if we need extra coverage.

I'm game - Working on getting my Marine into ready shape, should have at least the camo/boots/etc, helmet and chest pieces if all goes well. My availability is "Yes", including setup on Thursday if you want/need it - I live within walking distance of the site, so its no hassle for me. Just need to know what days to ask off from the office.
I would say that's a perfect availability. On the schedule, check what shifts only have 2 or 3 people and sign up for whatever shifts you want, I know we usually like to have the 2-costume 2-non thing going on and we are a little light on a few shifts there.
Set up at the moment is just 2 of us so the extra hands will be appreciated for sure.

I would say that's a perfect availability. On the schedule, check what shifts only have 2 or 3 people and sign up for whatever shifts you want, I know we usually like to have the 2-costume 2-non thing going on and we are a little light on a few shifts there.
Set up at the moment is just 2 of us so the extra hands will be appreciated for sure.
Sounds good - I've put myself in as Out Of Costume for now, and once I know I'll have something I'll update in the sheet

Same! I still have a chest piece to build and lights to add
I'm literally still printing my suit lol. I still have shins, a thigh and biceps to print. The rest is of the entire suit is in the midst of being glued and melted together, so I can smooth and sand it and get everything ready for paint.

Hoping to get the whole suit painted as of first week of April so I have 2 weeks left for the decals, battle damage and harnesses lol.

I'm literally still printing my suit lol. I still have shins, a thigh and biceps to print. The rest is of the entire suit is in the midst of being glued and melted together, so I can smooth and sand it and get everything ready for paint.

Hoping to get the whole suit painted as of first week of April so I have 2 weeks left for the decals, battle damage and harnesses lol.
Are you printing your whole suit?? Which suit are you doing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back