Call of Duty 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have call of duty 4? I just got the game several days ago, and now after beating campaign I am trying to go on the internet to play for the first time, and so far, I have never gotten past the "downloading game settings" screen, the one time I did, it couldnt load any games except for a private game, at which point it froze after I left.

People keep saying how this game has an awsome online...btw WTH I can't get it to work no matter what I do, if this is the online ppl keep talking about, I am dissapointed. But I know it's not, so anyone got any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it?

epic game! anyone know how captain price survived from 1945 to modern day, and didnt get promoted? and looks exactly the same?

p.s. epic ending

Lol I noticed that too.

I rent it today, and loved it.

We have in Quebec a discount.

Assassin's creed + Call of Duty 4 : 89$ (CAN)

I'll buy it.

PS : I find that the multiplayer is way too easy...

Got it for my DS, good single player, bad multiplayer, no wifi play at all, just local play with your friends, so I will just ignore this game and buy it for the ps3.

they actually made call of duty 4 for the DS?

That's like putting halo three on the game-boy advance....

what were they thinking? I hate when dev's put games that are AWSOME on consoles, and can only be done on a high-powered console like PS3 or XBOX 360, then go and screw things up a bit by making a cheap, crapped-down version for hand-helds. Seriously, games like pokemon and other such games are to handhelds what epic shooters like Halo are to consoles.

That said, what should I do about this online issue? Call of Duty Games have a record of being glitchy when it comes to online play in my experience.

PillowFire said:
That said, what should I do about this online issue? Call of Duty Games have a record of being glitchy when it comes to online play in my experience.
True, but only on PC. The servers are much better on XBL. Don't know about the PS3, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem getting mine online after I had already played online for 6 days. I ran the network test on live and everything said it was fine and it still didnt work. I put in Halo 3 and played 1 game online and it was fine so I took it out and put in COD4 and it finally worked. I couldnt play for 1 day until I did that. Good luck.

you know what i find funny?

they released Assassin's creed for the DS.... LOL

i mean, PSP i can understand... but DS??? o_O LOLOLOLOL

Ragnarok118 said:
yes he did survive
looks the same.

Multiplayer is phenominal
DFS187 <-gamertag we play this game alot now since it came out, I play around 5 to 6 in the evenings sometimes but my hubby plays pretty much all the time GRRRR LOL I wish halo 3 would of went 60 frames but I still :love: my halo * as i cradle it like a baby* hehe

PillowFire said:
they actually made call of duty 4 for the DS?

That's like putting halo three on the game-boy advance....

what were they thinking? I hate when dev's put games that are AWSOME on consoles, and can only be done on a high-powered console like PS3 or XBOX 360, then go and screw things up a bit by making a cheap, crapped-down version for hand-helds. Seriously, games like pokemon and other such games are to handhelds what epic shooters like Halo are to consoles.

Yea they did, good thing I returned it, I thought when they said multiplayer it had wifi multiplayer which on the DS is fun, and it didnt, it had local only where you had to bring 32 friends with DS's, which is impossible and will never ever happen. Thats why I only get games for the DS i know are fun and worth it, like phoenix wright, best DS game series ever,.

ok, my game works, has been for the past few days, it seems this was a temporary problem with the main server, I: am rank 18 right now.

I have the game for PS3, it works good, but now I feel sort of sad because I can't play with a lot of you since you all have it on the 360. Oh and, I have a headset, but the cord is too short to reach from my PS3 to me without me sitting right up against the T.V. which is 60+ inch >_>

Anyone know any good headsets for PS3?

Finally beat it on veteran yesterday.. The only thing is to search for the tv, intel and beat Mile High Club on veteran. Awesome game!! The thing I hate about multiplayer is ranking. If you have a better rank you have better weapons.. I was always getting pwned by the dudes with the laser sights.. :rolleyes

A bluetooth headset is what you need for your ps3, my friend uses that and gets 5-6 hours of talk out of it before recharging. I will have this game hopefully tonight, so you may see me on tuesday or wednesday online, yes my name will be aobfrost.

actually, you don't need the laser sights, they help, but iron sites are pretty effective, personally, I like to use my custom spec ops class.

He has an mp5 with a silencer, and a silenced pistol, with c4, and slight of hand and some other thing. It's beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back