Can Anyone Help Me Out From The Start From The Basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainKnine

Hello everyone i need much help as possible i saw people making halo armour on youtube and thats what got me into could some please tell the basic supplies i need and how to fold and glue and cut i think it did it wrong i think im a insult to you awesome guys.. I already have the program and i have already tryed putting cog gear bracers i know really basic and i stuffed up lol i was using a4 paper and i found its to soft any other paper that is good thanks for listioning the help would me fantastic.

From Anoobis.

Hey there, welcome to the 405th.

There's a lot of stickies in the noob and creation forums that cover on how to get started. Please understand that there are a lot of people coming in here looking for help, so if it's just getting started from the basics, the best way is to read the stickies. If you have any specific questions, there's even a sticky listing members you can PM questions to!

Glad to hear you're starting on something smaller, like bracers, instead of the helmet.

Also, the important thing about the paper isn't the size (you can move things around in pepakura to fit most paper sizes, and there's a sticky on that also). The important thing is that you're using something that's at least as sturdy as cardstock. I'm guessing that might be your problem since you're complaining about it being too 'soft'. Make sure you use thicker paper such as cardstock so that when you get to the step where you put resin on it, it won't warp under the weight.

Just take the time to lurk, read through all the stickies you can, and you'll do fine. There's a lot of information on these boards, you just have to be willing to look for it.

Again, welcome to the boards!

Trooper0621 said:
Hey there, welcome to the 405th.

There's a lot of stickies in the noob and creation forums that cover on how to get started. Please understand that there are a lot of people coming in here looking for help, so if it's just getting started from the basics, the best way is to read the stickies. If you have any specific questions, there's even a sticky listing members you can PM questions to!

Glad to hear you're starting on something smaller, like bracers, instead of the helmet.

Also, the important thing about the paper isn't the size (you can move things around in pepakura to fit most paper sizes, and there's a sticky on that also). The important thing is that you're using something that's at least as sturdy as cardstock. I'm guessing that might be your problem since you're complaining about it being too 'soft'. Make sure you use thicker paper such as cardstock so that when you get to the step where you put resin on it, it won't warp under the weight.

Just take the time to lurk, read through all the stickies you can, and you'll do fine. There's a lot of information on these boards, you just have to be willing to look for it.

Again, welcome to the boards!
Thank you for your kindness i am really bad at this i went to the noob section and i really dident find anything helpful i know im hopless if i had some questions could i pm you thanks for helping im try again lol go's and looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of the tutorials and such are in the creation forums:

Pepakura forum

Hope that helps.

If you have questions, you can PM me or the people listed on the Q&A team. While I'm happy to help answer questions, just understand I'm still working on projects of my own so I won't be able to respond rapidly all the time.

haha hey there man, welcome to the fold. and if you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of info on this site, worry not, i have been here sense last x-mas and i'm STILL swamped with all the info haha. but everything you need IS here, sometimes you just need to be stubborn and keep digging. if you are anything like me, and are more of a visual learner, try looking for video tutorials, there are a hand full booting around here, also, look up "Abrant3" on the site here, he has a youtube account that has about 6 video tutorials, that touch on sizing, cutting, folding, gluing, and even a bit on the resining and fiberglassing. they are really well done, i recommend you check them out.

hope that helps point you in the right direction =D

O.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back