Can I smooth my foam bicep pieces out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengarp

So I am starting a halo mk vi foam armor build but my bicep pieces need some smoothing out, as seen below:
IMAG0047.jpgIMAG0048.jpg
Any recommendations to smooth it would be much appreciated but if you think it is not possible then just tell me that i guess and i can try redoing them. Thanks!

What I have done to smooth and add details is to skin or add alayer of 2-5mm craft foamys. Doing this hides most joints and gives anice surface. I use aheat gun to streach the foamy out to make complex curves. I then use Enviro-tex pour on resin to finish smoothing and sealing my foam. It gives the foam a nice hard surface..

What I have done to smooth and add details is to skin or add alayer of 2-5mm craft foamys. Doing this hides most joints and gives anice surface. I use aheat gun to streach the foamy out to make complex curves. I then use Enviro-tex pour on resin to finish smoothing and sealing my foam. It gives the foam a nice hard surface..
could you post a picture or tutorial on that? I'm not sure I quite understand...

if you read my build thread it has several pictures of my work. http://www.405th.com/f21/odst-veronica-dare-foam-freebuild-42024/ I will get more pictures of my forearms posted tomorrow, with more information.

When you get to the pictures of my breast plate that are mostly done, you will see green color, that is the different detail foam. It is 2 mm thick. I buy the foam at Hobby Lobby. It is called craft foam.

if you read my build thread it has several pictures of my work. http://www.405th.com/f21/odst-veronica-dare-foam-freebuild-42024/ I will get more pictures of my forearms posted tomorrow, with more information.

When you get to the pictures of my breast plate that are mostly done, you will see green color, that is the different detail foam. It is 2 mm thick. I buy the foam at Hobby Lobby. It is called craft foam.
Oh ok, I see now thanks for all the help, that is a really smart way of fixing the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back