Can Pepakura ever look like molded

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua61991

Jr Member
I have seen both pepakura and molded armours on here and the pep never seem to look quite as good. Is this because it just isn't as good looking or is it that detailing on the pepakura models usually aren't as ellaborate?

joshua61991 said:
I have seen both pepakura and molded armours on here and the pep never seem to look quite as good. Is this because it just isn't as good looking or is it that detailing on the pepakura models usually aren't as ellaborate?
I'm sure if someone spent hundreds of man hours on a pep suit, it would be just as nice, but the person would need to be very skilled with filling and smoothing to get everything just right.

By no means is it easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobeus said:
It most definately can. The only good example of it I can think of right now is what Murakumo is currently doing.
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry56092

Check his work out. As of right now that is the best looking pep helmet so far, at least in my oppinion.

Thanks for the post Mobeus, But I cant view the pics. Every time I try I get that wonderful error message:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Funny I am logged in and I am just trying to view his pictures... not liking the way this board has been changed.

Spartan 161 said:
Thanks for the post Mobeus, But I cant view the pics. Every time I try I get that wonderful error message:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Funny I am logged in and I am just trying to view his pictures... not liking the way this board has been changed.

thx mobeus
ill save you the time :p i might update the thread sometime this weekend im just too lazy too take the pics

before all the bondo and stuff
09-01-07_2241.jpg

after
10-01-07_2049.jpg

10-01-07_2056.jpg

10-01-07_2052.jpg

10-01-07_2046.jpg

10-01-07_2051.jpg

Yeah its possible but would take a great deal of time. If you follow the steps correctly and put a great deal of time into being careful with the Resin and glassing as long as you do a good detailed paint job the Pep armor should look great.

Thanks for sharing Murakumo! Looks Good!

Toftt Nightmare said:
Yeah its possible but would take a great deal of time. If you follow the steps correctly and put a great deal of time into being careful with the Resin and glassing as long as you do a good detailed paint job the Pep armor should look great.

My grandfather was an Auto body and engine man he used to say, "Devil is in the details." He showed me that with enough attention to detail and time you can make just about anything.

Looking at Murakumo's pics proves that.

I believe with work pepakura can look superior to molded simply because it is 100% accurate in scale.

With lots of resin or bondo body filler and lots of money you can make a suit that looks just like a molded one. Otherwise, with just pep, resin, glass, paint, and 100 dollars, you can make something 80% accurate.

AoBfrost said:
With lots of resin or bondo body filler and lots of money you can make a suit that looks just like a molded one. Otherwise, with just pep, resin, glass, paint, and 100 dollars, you can make something 80% accurate.
He basically hit the nail on the head.

If your going the "I dont have much money, help plz, I wanna be spartan for halloweeeen" way, your screwed, if you go the "I have 200-300 dollars what materials should I buy, yes i have a dremel, yes I am experienced" way, then you should be good.

AoBfrost said:
If your going the "I dont have much money, help plz, I wanna be spartan for halloweeeen" way, your screwed, if you go the "I have 200-300 dollars what materials should I buy, yes i have a dremel, yes I am experienced" way, then you should be good.
How much does a good electric dremel cost? I have 200 dollars to spend on my suite, just that I need to buy a dremel and printer. :(

Murakumo said:
thx mobeus
ill save you the time :p i might update the thread sometime this weekend im just too lazy too take the pics

before all the bondo and stuff
09-01-07_2241.jpg

after
10-01-07_2049.jpg

10-01-07_2056.jpg

10-01-07_2052.jpg

10-01-07_2046.jpg

10-01-07_2051.jpg
NICE HELMET!!! GOOD JOB, GOODLUCK with the rest of it!!! :lol:

Toftt Nightmare said:
The scale of your suit is perfect WAY TO GO!!!! Very awesome!!!

I get my printers for free, Iread the sunday ads, so I buy crap to get free leet printers, then sell the item I dont need, or sell the printer for half price...a ok electric dremel will cost 20 dollars, make sure it is electric, cause if you buy a air dremel, you dont want to spend 60 dollars on a air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back