Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
Where: Calgary Telus Convention Centre

When: May 21st-22nd, 2022
Sat: 8:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun: 8:00AM - 10:00PM

Tickets: Tickets available through event website

Otafest is Calgary’s non-profit, all-ages Japanese anime and pop culture festival featuring anime screenings, an exhibitor hall, community panels, cosplay contests, voice actors, concerts, and so much more!

A poll is added for attendance estimates for planning adequate locations for meetups.

No panel is currently planned for this event so we're going to focus on having a stress free good time and organize photoshoots and meetups both inside the convention and outside for those who may not have had time to purchase tickets.

Photoshoot Listing:

Saturday May 21st 1:30PM
Calgary Olympic Plaza

Sunday May 22nd 1:30PM
The Bow - Wonderland Sculpture

Meetup Listing:

Saturday May 21st 7PM
Soban Korean BBQ
Lots of tables for a group dinner and plenty of options!

Sunday May 22nd 7PM
Ho Won
Large tables for a group and again, options for different appetites and dietary needs

Convention Photo Game Rolls
54 - VJ Day Kiss (photo)​
72 - With Convention Artist​
64 - Superhero pose​
60 - Freddy Mercury pose​
10 - Group Photo, Rockette line or Red Rover​
86 - Dancing​
94 - On an elevator/escalator​

Last edited:
marching band happy dance GIF by UCF Marching Knights

I suppose once I finish these photos from LA I need to get back to working on Otafest costumes.

Update for new information being released by the convention because we're within the four week countdown.

Event Map

Event Schedule

There's a lot to go through but luckily Otafest uses Sched as a base that allows you to build a personal schedule of events that you can setup as alerts in your phone. This coming week we'll start checking RSVPs to figure out a group dinner venue.

I hope everyone had a great time and I'd like to thank each and every one of you for being an amazing person to hang out with over the weekend. Angus314, CplYapFlip, DementedSpagett, Electraknite, iac300, James, Rock Lobbster, Skoopa92, SpartanProps, Thorcanine, Viper 466, ZettaiKagerou, Caleb, Chelsie, Devin, Greg and Jeff, and Tim you're all rock stars and a shining example of a welcoming group of people to have at an event that bring in more friends with smiles. You made the two 11 hour drives well worth it and I can't wait until next year!

Photo challenge photos are still being edited and I am excited for a bunch of them. Also actually carving out a section of the photo pit to play Red Rover? Brilliant.

We're still finding photos out in the wild (who can resist fifteen armoured ragamuffins being goofballs in the middle of the street?) but we have a shared Google Drive to share the photos and videos we've taken.

Photo Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back