Member DIN
S068
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre West Wing Canada Place

When: February 15th-17th, 2020
Sat: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
Sun: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Mon: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

Tickets: Tickets available through event website

FAN EXPO Vancouver a three- day pop culture convention in Vancouver, British Columbia, at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Attendees can shop hundreds of vendors and exhibitors, check out panels and workshops, meet their favourite stars and creators, and celebrate what makes them geeky with thousands of other fans in cosplay. There is something for every fan at FAN EXPO Vancouver.

This is one of the larger fan cons in the area and it gets crowded. If you have a big costume make sure to come with a handler or wander around with your helmet off so as not to bowl over any kiddos. A 405th meetup will be planned for some group photos outside the convention hall so that purchasing a pass won't be necessary but you can still hang out with the Delta Battalion crew.

405th Meetup Saturday 13:00 at the Jack Poole Plaza

Last edited:
That statement is weird on so many levels......disturbing even........
Hey man, he's got a powerful face, we've all seen it.

Convention hours also end super early so a 405th dinner may be in order. Even if it's a pizza party and multiplayer games at our AirBnB once everyone is out of armour.

I also did a d100 roll for my personal challenges for the Convention Photo Game and damn, I got a good pull and I'm not just saying that because of the excuse for more photos with a forklift.

43 Halo: A.I. in palm (perspective illusion)​
3 Group Photo, Victory​
52 American Gothic (painting)​
82 Costume(s) with power equipment (golf cart, forklift, etc)​
8 Group Photo, Red vs Blue​
72 With Convention Artist​
56 Titanic pose (movie)​

Last edited:
IMG_20200210_150541_697.jpg
j

You can click on my words and it links you to the facebook event but since I'm here:

• Saturday from 13:00-14:00
    2 days from now · 3–6°C Rain

• Olympic Cauldron at Jack Poole Plaza
    1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 0C

(hyperlinks aren't very obvious visually, and I hadn't noticed that. Sorry~!)

I had a few of our challenge photos on my phone. I believe it's a mix of CplYapFlip and ArcSol who have the rest.

72 With Convention Artist
Addy Davies Photography and Obsessive Costume Designs
1582182669194.png

82 Costume(s) with power equipment (golf cart, forklift, etc)
0630 at the loading docks I found the fleet of forklifts.
1582182644574.png

AnubisActual i didn't get to see you! Did you get to wear your helmet to the con?

TurboCharizard we have two of the photos. If CplYapFlip wants to drop the last three in here then arc can compile them for the challenge thread.

43 Halo: A.I. in palm (perspective illusion)
I love this one!
received_495679864453612.jpeg

52 American Gothic (painting)
We actually found a barn!
received_184985612789177.jpeg

Unfortunately I got sick the day before the con! I will try to make it out to the next one! Victoria I think? I live in Vancouver so I don't mind hopping the ferry or driving down to Seattle when the time comes around. I have a custom magnum in the works and I'm trying to sort out the best way to start my nomad armour. :/

Unfortunately I got sick the day before the con! I will try to make it out to the next one! Victoria I think? I live in Vancouver so I don't mind hopping the ferry or driving down to Seattle when the time comes around. I have a custom magnum in the works and I'm trying to sort out the best way to start my nomad armour. :/
Good thing there's a Victoria con this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back