Canadian Regiment; First Build of Grif, Red VS Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryolopho

Hi Everyone,

I`m looking forward to actually contributing to this community and sharing my process along the way. I have started building my first build and it will eventually (hopefully) be Griff from the popular web series Red Vs Blue. I am hoping to have it done before the Calgary Comic Expo in 2016. I am looking for any advice/tips as I am very nervous for this build! I plan on using pepakura for the entire project as I am wholly unfamiliar with foam or where to even start with it (maybe my next project) I have done the following

Right shoulder: Rondoed
Left Shoulder: Building
Right forearm: Rondoed
Left forearm: Rondoed
Right hand plate: Rondoed

5YWuqB9.jpg
gpwvmn3.jpg
YqBoRgi.jpg

I have been using both medium and high detailed pep files from RobotChicken and Gray.
I have been using tips fro Cereal Kill3r and am still watching his very instructive and useful videos. I am wanting to attempt some bondoing next and get at least one piece fully completed. Any suggestions on a specific color for griff? Thanks everyone for your very useful resources!

Also, here is a link to another griff build that I hope to achieve even half of what he did! http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41396&highlight=griff

Thanks in advance for all of your advice and encouragement, I truly do appreciate it.

Looking really good, I'll definitely be following this build.
The only advice I can give you thus far is; ensure to take your time, have fun, and be confident in what you're doing (whether it's Bondoing, painting, etc.)
But as I said, It's already looking great and I'm sure the finished product will also be great.
Good luck! - not that you need it.

Hey everyone,

I have made some great progress on the costume so far (even fully painting one forearm!) I will post some pics of the progress very soon!. I'm writing because i am trying to pep out the thighs and have run into some problems. I am using the Halo 3 High Definition Mark 6 Thigh Piece that was created by Crackhead09 and unfolded by Ral Partha. I measured the pep out to what i though was the correct height (roughly 410mm) and while the height seems close (i may have to reduce the size a bit) the area around my knee is HUGE! it doesn't seem to fit at all. Any tips on correctly sizing the thighs or what you have done in the past? Any and all help is welcome. I can post pics to see if the sizing is already too large. Thanks in advance!

Hey Everyone,

sorry for the delay in posting. school has been crazy and I have been working really hard on getting everything done by Halloween this year. i've posted a few pictures below and I am leading up to some help with painting the costume. As you know, I am wanting to build Griff, and I have been having trouble finding the exact right colour. I have painted a hand piece and a completed forearm piece with the two different colours that i could find in store but each seems to be "too much" of their repsective colours (too orange or too yellow) I can't seem to find that nice medium that Griff appears to be (specifically in season 8 of RVB in his fight scene with Tex) Any suggestions oin techniques or colours that I could try? Thanks and I hope you enjoy the progress I've made so far

P.S. I just received the gold visor in the mail today! That will be by far the most expensive single piece of my build and it has be nervous for the installation already

20150922_175010.jpg RVB_Grif_703.jpg20150922_174951.jpg20150922_175026.jpg
20150916_142038.jpg

Very nice. Battle damage is well balanced. And looks like the yellow turned out okay.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back