Canadian Regiment Logo & Flag/Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question to ask you guys and gals:

If the above designs get approved by the 405th staff, what would you like shown next to your usernames here on the forums? :confused

Would you prefer the armour logo (style C), or the flag/banner like in the US Pacific regiment?

Guys, this looks wonderful. I have one suggestion though for you. Perhaps you might want to change the name of your regiment from Canadian regiment to something else. You guys are a HUGE land mass up there, and much like the USA needed to break up into smaller regiments you guys might want to think of doing 2 or even 3 regiments there. One east coast one west coast type of thing,. To be honest how often will someone from the west end of Canada come visit and go to cons with someone from the east?

If you go with Canadian regiment, then if and when you decide to break apart into smaller regiments it would be harder to get names, because which regiment would then be Canadian, or would both be Canadian so and so?

Thanks for the suggestion @Ashuraa, but I'd already discussed that point with @Art Andrews prior to our regiment being created, and it was decided that given the low number of active members it wouldn't be practical to break up the regiment into smaller parts right now. That is the plan eventually, and I've already gone about determining how the regiment would be broken up by region when that time comes, but only when we have enough members per region/province to make it feasible.

Ok SPARTAN II I was offering a sugestion, but it sounds like you are already a few steps ahead, which is always good to know. I look forward to seeing what all you guys come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I appreciate the input none the less :) Just can't put it into play right now. Thanks, though.

Okay, as I haven't received a reply back from @ForgedReclaimer regarding working on digital versions of the regiment logo and flag/banner (wasn't really expecting to, as he hasn't been active for a long time, but figured I'd give him first dibs as his artwork inspired what we've finalized here), I've gone ahead and contacted @SqueekinOrka for help.

I've forwarded all pertinent reference pics and info to him to work from, and as we make progress on the digital versions I will post any WiP artwork for discussion as needed. Don't know how long it'll take to get the designs converted to a digital format, and then approved by the 405th staff for our regiment's use, but I will keep everyone informed as soon as I am. Just FYI.

Bit of an update, progress has been kind of slow-going on the logo and flag/banner designs. On the other hand, it appears as though we've now got two 405th-ers working on them, lol.

Just got a PM this morning from another member who simply took it upon themselves to help with putting these designs into a digital format for approval and use by our regiment.

Haven't seen thier work yet, but as I've given them my e-mail address I hope to sometime later today. Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated. Nice to see folks helping with this :)

That's very kind of them. All this secrecy must be worth the wait.

I certainly hope so, as I really want to see these designs done justice and done at a high enough resolution so that they can be used for our regiment's purposes.

The smaller logo I want to be able to be printable/usable as a template for detailing our individual armour, and the larger flag/banner I want to be printable for use at event booths.

Each one has to be drawn using proper digital software (ie. Adobe Illustrator), with clean edges and linework and at a high enough resolution in order to be approved by the 405th staff.

Alright, without further adieu here are the beginnings of the logo and flag/banner designs as put forth by SqueekinOrka and Skoopa92.

The first attachment is SqueekinOrka's submission (please note it is not the final version, it's just a quick first draft), and the last two are Skoopa92's submissions.

So, what do you guys and gals think? :)

Attachments

• wip1.jpg
    wip1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 327
  • Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 571
  • 405th canadian regiment logo 5 jpg.jpg
    405th canadian regiment logo 5 jpg.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 362
I love it, definitely cool with the maple leaf. I like the white energy swords of the left, but the lighter background of the one on the right. At this point, the design is so awesome I'd be happy with whatever is chosen!

Yeah, some pretty good design work's coming out of this whole process. I'm anxious to see if it gets approval from the 405th staff.

I really don't see there being any issues with that, but I'm still anxious, lol.

So, you like the plain white energy swords over the coloured ones, huh? I'll make the suggestion to Skoopa92 to change that.

What is it exactly about the white energy swords that you like?

To me, the white ones look crisper, and the white works better with the red (plus red and white is the flag). But the darker logo is growing on me, hahaha, I'm game for anything.

To me, the white ones look crisper, and the white works better with the red (plus red and white is the flag). But the darker logo is growing on me, hahaha, I'm game for anything.

Oooh, good point. That would help the design to tie in a little better with the colours of the Canadian flag. I like where your head's at, sir ;)

Based on some of your feedback, here are new variations provided by Skoopa92. He does fast work, lol.

The white blades on the energy sword definitely make it stand out more, and as previously pointed out is more in line with the colours of Canada's flag.

It's kinda hard to choose between the lighter and darker backgrounds though, lol. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 405th canadian regiment logo 6.jpg
    405th canadian regiment logo 6.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 405th canadian regiment logo 7.jpg
    405th canadian regiment logo 7.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 380
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back