TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
CanadianRegiment Secret Santa.png

On behalf of the Canadian Regiment Staff I'd like to introduce to you the first Canadian Regiment Secret Santa event. For all the good little Banshees and Goblins of the Canadian Regiment are welcome to join in our festive, Halo-themed gift exchange! We have so many talented makers across this country and most due to geographical constraints can never see the world class works that the others make, we're fixing that by putting on our best creative hats and sending out care packages of props, costume bits, art, baked goods or any other fun Halo goodies to other members!

To help organize this gift exchange, a Google form that is run by Regiment staff is linked below to fill out your contact information as well as a quick letter to Santa so that they can figure out some fun personalized items that you may like. All participants must enter their names by September 27th to be included in the pairings. Later that evening you'll receive your pairing through a message on the forum and your included email.

To make sure that everyone will have a package arriving for them in time there will be several check ins with Regiment staff to make sure you're progressing in your build.

Most importantly, what are the holidays without a get together? Since our country is so vast a physical meetup isn't exactly possible for most but we will create a thread for sharing images and video of everyone's parcel opening. Hopefully we can also get a video call together where we can all join in the chat and have the yule log on a TV in the background.

Calendar of Important Dates
09/27 - Santas and Children pairings are mailed out through the forums and your email.
10/11 - First Check, an idea for your build should be formed and plans started.
11/01 - Second Check, mid-build check! Things should be started and progress photos included.
11/22 - Final Check, finished photos!
11/29 - Mailing Date!
12/20 - Opening and sharing of photos!

Remember everyone, this is in no way a mandatory event! If the short timeline or cost of mailing parcels is too much of a stress on you, feel free to join in on the fun with the group chats and have a good time with the rest of the Canadian Regiment!

Any and all questions are appreciated in case I missed something in the writeup!

Last edited:
Santa's little Canadian helper elf #48 has sent out all of the letters to help organize the various builders!

In two weeks time on October 11th we'll be checking in with everyone participating to make sure there's a plan for what you want to build, bake or make. If you want to actually start work right away that's awesome but this first check in is to just be a planning stage.

Thanks to everyone who tossed their names into the hat!

Alright peeps, is shall begin the sharing of gifts with my own gifted to me by the fantastic CplYapFlip

E25A227C-9DC5-4813-8D94-9D3688ED88DD.jpeg

171CD56D-348D-457A-A498-9DE6D951F467.jpeg

Smol Schankerz is my everything now, and I will cherish him forever. YapFlip and FlipYap however amazing they did look, didn’t last long in this world before being sent on the great journey to my tummy.

The Schankerz branch of Misriah treated me right and built me a brand new AutoMag M6C/SOCOM to go with the ODST rebuild I'm planning next year!
1577062583177.png

Honestly I love the tiny thumbs up sketch. 10/10 good sir.
1577062594849.png

Until then the AutoMag will hold a place of pride on my prop wall next to my very old and sad M6. Thank you good sir!
1577062607886.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back